Thread: Heads up Texans. Tax free preparedness weekend THIS weekend.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Heads up Texans. Tax free preparedness weekend THIS weekend.

http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo...tx98_1017.html

Texas is having a tax free weekend for preparedness items like generators, and other lower priced goodies. If you've been thinking of doing some buying on supplies, might be a way to save a few bucks.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do you have a robot?
    That is cool. My hat is off to their common sense which is really uncommon in government. It would be nice if they would expand it to more long term rather than focusing on the short term needs.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    That is cool. My hat is off to their common sense which is really uncommon in government. It would be nice if they would expand it to more long term rather than focusing on the short term needs.
    Agreed. I wish they'd include knives, emergency water storage, rain barrels, Chem toilets, solar lighting, whole house back up power, chain saws (ever cut down storm damaged trees with a hatchet? It sucks). Hopefully, as the tax holiday idea progresses, they'll add some stuff that makes sense.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.