Thread: Resolve Burglaries

I have still yet to grow a brain

Resolve Burglaries

Alrighty then, I have been brainstorming while I have been working on the garden area to be. Guess my multi tasking ability has kicked in a little bit.
    Theft:
    I have an acquaintance who stored items in a storage locker set up. He was robbed of all the items in that storage locker. He put out a call to his friends on what to do in the future to hinder this from occurring.
    Resolution:
    Watch and it will explain my thinking. Not only this but add a GPS Dog tracking collar in the stuff you store. When they take your stuff you can track where it goes. You have video of the perp, time it occurred, and where it went to.
    Search Amazon for DOG GPS Collars.

www.ring.com
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

you track the stuff to a location - and then what? .... cops won't act on that kind of DIY bull .... people track their stolen laptops all the time .... it takes a registered GPS locator backed up by a company like Lojack to get any action ....

hope you have a good lawyer if you decide to try something yourself ....

Sorry to have disappointed your outlook on the situation. I would have thought if you had audio, video, time of incident and location of said possessions the police may have a reason to investigate. With my time provided at Pawn Detail it took less evidence to instigate a stop off. But you may be correct with that analysis. Just offering possibilities.

Do you have a robot?
    Any good investigator should be able to write a search warrant for the storage container with a little additional checking. If the suspect is a known burglar that may be all that is needed. If nothing else a good investigator will just do a knock and talk to get in and in most cases will get the stuff back. As for prosecution the knock and talk no, the search warrant yes you will get prosecution. However now in our state a lot of these crimes are now misdemeanors and no one is going to jail. So unless this suspect is a serial burglar then you might get the stuff back but little if no jail time.
    Good luck
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Any good investigator should be able to write a search warrant for the storage container with a little additional checking. If the suspect is a known burglar that may be all that is needed. If nothing else a good investigator will just do a knock and talk to get in and in most cases will get the stuff back. As for prosecution the knock and talk no, the search warrant yes you will get prosecution. However now in our state a lot of these crimes are now misdemeanors and no one is going to jail. So unless this suspect is a serial burglar then you might get the stuff back but little if no jail time.
    Good luck

first off - investigators don't write search warrants - they are granted by a judge after quite a few people put their balls on the line that a whole bunch of check offs have been done .... check offs that wouldn't even get started when a case revolves around an amatuer Sam Spade playing cop .... you'd land up getting investigated more than anything else ....

one of the Baltimore cops is getting the final word today - possibly guilty of wrongful arrest and responsible for Grey's death by not seat belting him .... all trumped up BS just for the opportunity to screw over a white cop .... all kinds of similar crap all over the country ....

no cop that has any common sense is stepping off the line one little iotta these days ....

Do you have a robot?
    Chill, obviously you are fired up about something, not my business. Investigators do write search warrants, I have written a bunch. The judge approves the warrant and it gets served. Some areas the DA will be involved but they don't have to be, most of the time it is a procedural thing. A search warrant is very easy to write and so long as you have probable cause to do the search the judge will sign it off. If you have it signed off, unless you lied on it, the court will bend over backwards to validate it during the court proceedings because the investigator when the extra step to get it.

As for the cop when you do a transport your job is to take that person to jail and not via the hospital. The last thing anything any cop wants to do it get to jail and find the person in the back seat is dead. Obviously the District Attorney had a hard on for the cops because they right away filed charges rather than wait for the completed investigation. Every cop knows if they go against policy then they will be disciplined up to and including termination. So if he was not seat belted in and it is in policy they, the cop, knows he is in deep shit. As to prosecution they also know the DA is out to get them so a good lawyer is important and hopefully he will stay out of jail. Once all that is done I am sure he will be sued civilly and then it starts all over again.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.