Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just finished a Army CLS class, Heres the opening video. What would you do?

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I could only watch about the first half due to bad internet, but I'm like Helo at first...it's game over, if it was me, please but a bullet in my head. I'm amazed to learn he only lost a foot. But I would be interested to know what kind of surgerys he had, and how his facial reconstruction went. As to what was done right or wrong, this is way beyond my pay grade. But if I had to do something, it would have been pressure points to control the bleeding until tourniquets could be administered, then pray for the best.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    There there Little Bear. It's all square. No condemnation here, only our government "condemns" things. Like it means something to them anyway, like it's going to make it all better.

No hey not everyone here has had training or experience. Mine is/was limited to what was provided, then the real world hit............totally different scenarios almost everyone, others were textbook EMT. Nothing can prepare you for what will happen then again it may never happen all. Some guys in the military spent their whole careers waiting for that one rescue, that one save. To most it never comes, to some there are too many, and to others they take it in and pass it on and become our mentors. People we want to emulate.......sometimes wish they didn't. I had a few that got out because of it.

Now me..............I can see it's time to ramp up on my training and refresh my skills, any volunteers. One of my "young sailors" finished up CLS down at FT. Swamp, Polk. I am supposed to get a digital copy of said training materials............standing by for that one.

What about you Stormy, you get a digital copy? Maybe we could disseminate this when one of us gets it?
    Didnt get a digital copy, got a hard copy, but I sure can run it thru the scanner and digitize it for ya if you want it! Matter of fact, once I do that, I will put it out to anyone who wants a copy.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

OK folks, I know BWRR is chomping at the bit to start doing saline nerve blocks on someone, and if someone doesnt hurry up and volunteer, I daresay I fear for the feline population who will most assuredly be his first victims!

I jest obviously, because he know someone in his house aint going to let that happen!

But seriously, theres three pieces of medical kit you will never find me without.

1- Tourniquet... Stop the Bleeding.
    2- Nasal Pharyngeal ... Start the Breathing.
    3- QuikClot gauze.... Stop the Bleeding Faster.

Serious injuries means that the body is going to go into shock. So we stop the immediate bleeding with tourniquets, then we assess. Because as the body goes into shock in stages, things like breathing coming into play where the person may be breathing ok, but as the body goes into shock, the throat swells up and constricts. With a Nasal Pharyngeal you insert it into the nasal passage and call it good. This ensures that the body will be able to get air no matter how much into shock it goes. Then we assess again. Now its time to stop the bleeding that the tourniquet is controlling, that is where the combat gauze comes into place. We used to use the powder, and celox and so forth, but with the gauze you simply clean out the wound as much as possible, and you start stuffing it in. If it keeps bleeding, you stuff in more and more until the chitosan starts to take effect and coagulate the blood. This is what you are looking for. The trick is to clean out as much blood as possible from the wound until theres very little left. The least amount of blood means the less gauze you should have to use. Once that gauze is in place, and you are sure its working, then loosen the tourniquets and assess once more. If the gauze is working, now you concentrate on treating for shock. (Which is going to happen at this point pretty quickly) Elevate the legs, loosen clothing, and keep them calm and cool. From here its move them to transport and get them to a higher level of aid than you can provide.

Now, I know some of you are thinking "nasal pharyngeal"... whats that? Its a simple plastic tube with a flared end and the other end is beveled. Obviously the beveled end goes in the nose and down the throat all the way til the flared end is pushed against the nostril. You can buy them on Amazon pretty cheaply, and if you are budget minded, heck, you can use it on yourself as practice, run it thru the dishwasher and seal it up and use it again in an emergency!

https://www.amazon.com/Nasopharyngea...A2P5I4NW0QQAX1

Now, if you are feeling a bit unsure about using one, I promise you, its not something for the squeamish, but with a little practice, you can even do it on yourself. Just remember to take a deep breath in/out and swallow ALOT when inserting/removing it. Heres a couple of quick videos of how easy it is. Just remember, USE LOTS OF LUBE & Bevel faces the septum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR5jsmGg6e8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIwLmq_3iws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8uuxSKtjY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ5jVPCoMGA

One of my personal Favorite NPA videos! Wait til 7:15!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po8MOJzxQeQ
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

And for those looking for some high speed training when it comes to medical care, I cannot stress Combined Application Group. After that, I would have to say Tactical Element. Two really good groups providing high speed low drag training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRmpnnmmZmo

www.cagmain.com

http://www.tacticalelement.com/
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

Bacon saver

OUTFUKINSTANDIN Stormy! At's what I'm talkin about great breakdown. As for stickin cats well I got deer, cow, the neighbor kid's kinda funny lookin I call him Quasi Moto on accounta the hump. He's easy prey on that lawnmower. You named off "part" of my IFAK........got tape and scissors. I try not to overkill or you'd be callin me Quasi Moto. Oh, and a band-aid, Sponge Bob, one each.

By the way it's bad enough I got LadyHK chasing me around with an epi pen. Now you know.............OK one more fuckin dog fart and one of these pooches it going to be the training dummy! I'm outta here!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

OUTFUKINSTANDIN Stormy! At's what I'm talkin about great breakdown. As for stickin cats well I got deer, cow, the neighbor kid's kinda funny lookin I call him Quasi Moto on accounta the hump. He's easy prey on that lawnmower. You named off "part" of my IFAK........got tape and scissors. I try not to overkill or you'd be callin me Quasi Moto. Oh, and a band-aid, Sponge Bob, one each.

By the way it's bad enough I got LadyHK chasing me around with an epi pen. Now you know.............OK one more fuckin dog fart and one of these pooches it going to be the training dummy! I'm outta here!
    I would expect nothing less!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

For the Love of Cats

.........OK one more fuckin dog fart and one of these pooches it going to be the training dummy...!
    It's not the dogs... the cats are like ventriloquists! Always blame the cats!

LH will understand!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

And that's why I call the cat "Snake ass" cause that's just what she smells like sometimes. You should remember the smell if you ever handled the critters. First thing they like to do is shit on ya.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Brownwater Riverrat, my dogs go crazy after that stench!
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Brownwater Riverrat, my dogs go crazy after that stench!
    You're killing me Smalls.....