wow. just wow.

Done right?

Primary:
ABC

1. Airway? He wasn't breathing the greatest but he was breathing - move on.
2. Bleeding - stop the bleeding (tourneys on arm/leg (bandage arm)) (still breathing? move on)
3. Circulation - IV to replace missing blood. Still breathing? major bleeding still stopped? - move on.

Secondary:
1. check and stop additional bleeding - a bunch of small bleeders can be as life threatening as one big one.
2. immobilize - get onto stretcher to facilitate evacuation, and to prevent additional damage.

Done wrong?

- He clearly breathed easier while in a more vertical position, they could have propped the stretcher up to elevate the head to make it easier.
- Granted the head was a mess, but they should have bandaged/wrapped the wounds at the very least to keep the dust/dirt out. I know they had to allow the blood to flow out, or it would have backed up inside and drowned him, but they should have been able to staunch it somewhat.
- good eye on the right side lung issues Stormy - they should have elevated the left side of the stretcher to ensure that the good lung was higher than the bad.
- I don't know if it would be considered 'wrong' per se, but given the damage to his face, they should have intubated him. Had he stopped breathing, as it was (at any time prior to reaching a hospital operating room) they would have been in a mad panic to do it while his brain quickly died. Why not a 'wrong'? they may not have had the equipment or expertise to do so. Personally, I would have been more inclined to do a tracheotomy, or at the very least placed a scalpel (wrapped) and a tube on his chest, ready to go. (for either option)

That is all for now...