Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A First world problem

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Damn, if someone bitches about smoke here they just get laughed at. If I do a controlled burn I am responsible for any damages, but I will pay someone to do it. They charge about 50 bucks a acre.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Why doesn't California do more controlled burns to help deal with these issues. I am required to do control burns on my property to keep my pine exemption.
    Its the pot smoking, tree hugging, gun stealing non-oil drilling whiny ass democrat environmentalists. They managed to get the state to make it against the law to do controlled burns due to wanting to save the square eyed pygmy albino web toed brush owl being in its natural habitat. So to save this owl, they ruled that you cannot destroy its habitat, which is the underbrush.
    so... in saving the owl, they now can destroy millions of acres of land, homes, property, and kill people, all in the name of "protecting the environment."
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Its the pot smoking, tree hugging, gun stealing non-oil drilling whiny ass democrat environmentalists. They managed to get the state to make it against the law to do controlled burns due to wanting to save the square eyed pygmy albino web toed brush owl being in its natural habitat. So to save this owl, they ruled that you cannot destroy its habitat, which is the underbrush.
    so... in saving the owl, they now can destroy millions of acres of land, homes, property, and kill people, all in the name of "protecting the environment."
    I have to wonder, cynical bastard that I am.. How much of a % of the ijit greens are really in it to save the environment, and how much for the power, and how much for both?

Bet anything that if Six Californias had went thru, the wildfires would have been cut by over 90% within the decade.

Wonder how many of these "back to nature", back-of-beyond, nearly-mansion houses, that firefighters are in harm's way to save, belong to the greens?

Hoping they choke on their precious imported Belgian endive, or drown on their precision espressos, is only a temporary pleasure, and liable to get one talked about.

Do you have a robot?
    Stormy I get the impression you think of California as an irritation, kinda like a rash that won't go away...........well not all of us are like that.

Please Lord help me get out of this place sooner than later..........
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Bacon saver

Ahhh, y'all bout covered everything here I think. First it dries out, then it burns, then it floods, and then it's all down hill (literally) from there. OH, then the the ground shakes and it all falls down and they rebuild on the exact same spot and all on the taxpayers dime and insurance money. Am I on track so far? This is an annual cycle, dry, burn, wash, rinse, destroy, rebuild, repeat.

No, not all Californians are excreted from the same douche bag. Some of them don't actually require a thorough douching. I have family near the Reno area and we have property in The California side. Mom and the brothers are hard at work and of course I give them shit about all the rule and regs they have to put up with in both states. NOT HERE in Tennessee! They've been trying to get us to move out there for years........not when it costs more to drill a well than it does to build a house, and having to have water rights? I never saw shit for wildlife no matter where we went, then I come home and I have deer, turkey, squirrels, rabbits, fox, coons, etc. running all over my backyard, not to mention MY OWN water! Just makes me want to stick around here for awhile.

Bottom line! I THINK YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DID A HELL OF A JOB! "BZ" BROTHER TO YOU AND YOURS! I'M GLAD THAT GOD SPARED YOUR FAMILY I thank him for that, way to be prepared.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Stormy I get the impression you think of California as an irritation, kinda like a rash that won't go away...........well not all of us are like that.

Please Lord help me get out of this place sooner than later..........
    We're waiting for you down here so we can blow the bridges after you get here!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Do you have a robot?
    Thanks but the wife says we are going to stay a while

Bacon saver

I would "dislike" your post but that would be considered rude. OH, some folks think I am a smart ass, sarcastic, SOB, but I have never been rude. Well that's to bad we'd love to have you down here, tell the wife she's missing out, we have wives too and they are in on this as well. TBSS, love ya, mean it!

Do you have a robot?
    I'll tell ya I give us about 18 months before we can move do to logistical problems. So don't pull the charges yet, I'll be bringing my kayaks if I'm late.

Bacon saver

Man we got a lot a bridges...............