Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBQ

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day

BBQ

got a favorite rub or BBQ sauce recipe?

I am opening a BBQ restaurant up here, gonna offer up brisket with a salt and pepper rub and a brisket with my own house rub, pork shoulder with my house rub and ribs with my house rub. All home made.

My own homemade sauces. Gonna have some eastern Carolina vinegar based sauces, then bring it west with an apple/bourbon sweet ketchup BBQ sauce. Will also offer a mustard sauce as well as a Georgia white sauce.

Gonna also have the white sauce for marinating fowl for smoking too! good stuff!

For sides will have tater slad, slaw and rotini salad. Also gonna offer a nice big salad with cranberries and sliced almonds and stuff on it with dressing and choice of pork or brisket on it...(some folks watch there weight I guesse).
    All homemade of course.

Was thinking of doing a BBQ philly sammich by taking the meat of choice and grilling onions and green peppers adding meat and topping with provolone cheese, grilllin the fresh made roll and putting em together. can add BBQ sauce of choice to this of course also. Might do well. FOlks seem to drool over the idea.

Oh all my breads are made local at Soholt bakery right down the street. They been there family owned for 98 years now. They use all local ingredients and they giving me a fair shake on the price and stuff so its all good there.

Will do grandmas recipe from Georgia chocolate pecan pie and banana pudding for my afterwards sweets. Will prolly add to this list later with hand scooped ice creams.

Will keep it simple so I can just have counter service and serve it up fast by myself mostly. No employees = less overhead .

=)

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Sounds like the wife and I will stop by for a bite to eat
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

For the Love of Cats

That's awesome! Congrats!

hmmm... I'm going to be in your area in a couple months....
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Sounds like some good eats to me.

A couple ideas for you. Baked beans and Memphis dry rub. Gotta have both with Q.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    ***CONGRATULATIONS ***
    Any chance of mail delivery with dry ice? I'm willing to send the cooler and pay the extra costs. I can't get good beef brisket here in the south. For some reason they only know how to cook a pig, and while it's ok, it's just too greasy. Help a transplanted northern ol' boy out. ��
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Do you have a robot?
    That sounds awesome, now I am hungry. Mama is always on a diet so I don't get BBQ much so I cook for a local dads club. We just did 9 rack of trash can ribs with a dry rub. I am looking for a better rub it had too much salt. Last night we did a bunch of steaks with a Memphis dry rub and it was great. I can't wait to do is on some ribs, but I have to wait for mama to go on a road trip...

Good luck
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Yep ya'll are welcome any time! I will see about sending some to whomever wants some also.

For the Love of Cats

when is the grand opening, what are your hours going to be, and do you/will you take advance orders?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    More to the point! What is the address? Phone # and email address?
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Cook some beef roast or some other beef of your choice (Im not a friggin butcher so forgive me), slice thin and put on whatever sub bun you like... I cooked some cheap steaks before and sliced thin.

drizzle some simmered yum sausce, 1 part grape jelly to 3 parts BBQ sauce. Onions and pickle slice are good on it too...

Seriously, if you do NOT try this at least ONCE, you will probably regret it.

Its also good for meatballs like party food or whatever.

Its an old old "trick", I thought it was weird as hell when I heard it, but tried it DAMN SAM its good!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"