Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 more hogs this morning.

I'll most likely shit myself

Good eats coming up.
    My model 60 is at least 35 yo. Came from Kmart as well.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    how does the meat from wild hog differ from store hog?
    Totally different. The meat is not white, it is red just like cattle, or deer. Much better taste than deer though. I love hog meat. I should get about 80 pork chops off these two hogs, plus the legs, and neck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Good eats coming up.
    My model 60 is at least 35 yo. Came from Kmart as well.
    I have a feeling yours is in much better shape than mine.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Me thinks for an honest reply we need to be invited to Taste test the product. And to be fair each of us need to bring 10lbs of our fav bacon.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm in a moments brief thought.. hogs are kin to pigs. And being so they have that fabled meat named Bacon correct Helo?
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I have a feeling yours is in much better shape than mine.
    Other than a few scratches in the wood stock, it looks almost as good as when I bought it. I can't count the number of rounds that have been thru it. Gotta be 10-20,000. Still shoots great. I feed most anything thru it, but I have found CCI stingers are about as accurate as any. Love that rifle.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Me thinks for an honest reply we need to be invited to Taste test the product. And to be fair each of us need to bring 10lbs of our fav bacon.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm in a moments brief thought.. hogs are kin to pigs. And being so they have that fabled meat named Bacon correct Helo?
    Can't really get bacon of them, unless maybe you get a real big one. The wild hogs don't have very much fat at all. Basically they look like a deer when you skin them. The hogs are just tame pigs that went feral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Other than a few scratches in the wood stock, it looks almost as good as when I bought it. I can't count the number of rounds that have been thru it. Gotta be 10-20,000. Still shoots great. I feed most anything thru it, but I have found CCI stingers are about as accurate as any. Love that rifle.
    Mine is beat to hell. I don't think there is a spot on the stock that doesn't have a rash of some kind. The screw is missing on the front of the trigger guard, and I think I only cleaned it less than 5 times. It still runs awesome, very seldom does it misfire. I have no idea how many rounds are through it, but it is not unusual for us to go through 1000 rounds in a weekend with it.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ever since I converted to mussi I have sworn off pork.

I KID!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Damn EB! Like walking on razorblades much?

Bacon saver

Glenfield Marlin Model 60 had mine since I was about 12 or 13 which makes it old. Don't remember where I bought it from but I do remember shooting a LOT of things with it. It sits there next to one of them 10/22s and the only thing I guess i don't like about it is a tube feed mag. It's scoped and zeroed and still shoots great, yes CCIs shoot better but I shoot everything I got and save the CCIs for the "tough" shots. It has always been a faithful piece, that's why I still have it! Someone else will have it when I'm dead. Great gun.....
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Oh almost forgot, hogs! Nice! We used to hunt them all year round down in Florida. They were a nuisance on the farms, cucumbers, melons, peppers, berrys. FAT! Yummy fat wild hogs, those were the days.......now gone due to progress. Hey, but they were goooood eaten. And free! We did more hog than deer hunting in Fl even back then. Meat was meat, we knew where to get it. Deer were the size of dogs and still are. Life goes on, but you gotta love it when the meat is in your backyard.
    Nice catch Helo!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

helomech:"What is bkgd?"

BacKGrounD... background check.