Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 more hogs this morning.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    helomech:"What is bkgd?"

BacKGrounD... background check.
    Do yall get charged for a background check?
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Do yall get charged for a background check?
    Yes, as it is Federal. $25. the only folks that don't get charged are (in NV) folks with a NV Concealed Weapon Permit. But that's not saying much, as for a 5 year card they had to pay $120 for the background check that that card required. Buy a firearm per year and the cost is covered.

I LIKE CWP purchasers, as I don't have to sit on the phone for 20 minutes as the fatasses at BATF Carson City finish off another hand of pinochle before answering their 10-line phone bank.

(The creativity of the several curses I've come up with for those individuals would amaze a Muse and cause holy men to faint from blushing too hard. Haven't quite got up to the paint peeling level, but if they keep up their studied slowness, there'll be no Sherwin-Williams that will be safe.)

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Yes, as it is Federal. $25. the only folks that don't get charged are (in NV) folks with a NV Concealed Weapon Permit. But that's not saying much, as for a 5 year card they had to pay $120 for the background check that that card required. Buy a firearm per year and the cost is covered.

I LIKE CWP purchasers, as I don't have to sit on the phone for 20 minutes as the fatasses at BATF Carson City finish off another hand of pinochle before answering their 10-line phone bank.

(The creativity of the several curses I've come up with for those individuals would amaze a Muse and cause holy men to faint from blushing too hard. Haven't quite got up to the paint peeling level, but if they keep up their studied slowness, there'll be no Sherwin-Williams that will be safe.)
    We use the same NICS background check, but it is free. Someone in your state is making 25 bucks on each check. Texas and Louisiana there is no charge for the check. I have a concealed weapons license, so I don't have to do the check anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nraila.org/articles/1999...nt-check-sys-1
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson