Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defense

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    MY advice, go back and watch the second "Red Dawn" and see how the procure their inventory. To steal some quotes, "You keep what you kill", "Claim, claim, Claim", "You weren't using it anyway", "only used once", etc.

I was in a "mood" the other night after something else happened and it (Red Dawn) came on "regae" TV so I grabbed the DVD so I could watch the uncut version. It put me back in the mindset again. I'm sure it was HILLARY......this whole election thing has got me seriously bugged!
    Should it come to that point this is an excellent procurement tactic
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Bacon saver

"Patients is a virtue" which was blazoned on my Penton motocross jersey. I finally beat that "one" guy, Robert Westermen. That is not the days I want to come as you mentioned above however, be patient and you'll probably get more gear than you originally bargained for. You'll expend less energy and BB's..............weedhopper.

Then quickly and silently slip away............
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

Rat is right. The officer that was killed here was working a domestic incident and was hit by a well placed shot, whether intentional or just bad luck. Bad deal, 32 years old and left 3 young kids behind. Dumbass that shot him probably won't even get life out of it. Lots of raw nerves around here right now. It is nice seeing surrounding counties sending help here to help cover for LEO's attending the funeral.

I don't have any armour, got to many other things that seem higher priority to me. Just cant justify the price with other stuff I need. Not to say I don't want it and haven't looked at it. Just gotta wait till it makes it to the top of the list.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I understand about the pricing and priorities. I've just been lucky and came across numerous brands or I probably would wait also. I have a couple stab vests now I don't use.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

FWIW, I often see police wearing their armor way too low....It's not comfortable and it's not supposed to be stylish....but you can survive being shot in the lower abdomen far better than the upper heart.

Bacon saver

Correct, it's not about a being fashionably correct. It's about saving your ass. As for LB's post, hey, if you can get it at a good price, and you can afford to do it at the time, GET IT!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    luckily, I have body armor due to being in the military.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I ran across a couple good deals, so I have some.
    Hope I never need it.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Do you have a robot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    FWIW, I often see police wearing their armor way too low....It's not comfortable and it's not supposed to be stylish....but you can survive being shot in the lower abdomen far better than the upper heart.
    Doc when you wrote this I wondered about it. I knew what you meant but I had not really noticed it. This past weekend I worked on an exercise called Urban Shield and was able to watch about 24 teams come through my station. The teams which were squared away had their equipment on correctly even after 36 hours. On the other hand the ones which did not wear their equipment correctly didn't do well either. So I agree with you sometimes they wear their vests too low, opening up their upper chest. Thanks for the observation.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Doc when you wrote this I wondered about it. I knew what you meant but I had not really noticed it. This past weekend I worked on an exercise called Urban Shield and was able to watch about 24 teams come through my station. The teams which were squared away had their equipment on correctly even after 36 hours. On the other hand the ones which did not wear their equipment correctly didn't do well either. So I agree with you sometimes they wear their vests too low, opening up their upper chest. Thanks for the observation.

You're welcome - and your comments prove what I learned in a shooting class Thunder Ranch: Amateurs practice something until they get it right. Professionals practice something until they can't get it wrong.