Thread: Batten down the hatches

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Batten down the hatches

For those living in N. Florida, and along the east coast, it is time to stow the outdoor furniture and anything else high winds may pick up. Check fuel in your vehicles, and wait out the wind and rain. Storm surge and local flooding along with downed trees and power lines are going to make for a lousy weekend.

The woman I am currently seeing lives in Atlantic City, she'll be staying over here Saturday and Sunday as flooding will cut off ACfor a day or so due to coastal flooding and the predicted rains.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Cool! A chance to play with preps!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

I have a cousin that lives in Jacksonville. She's not looking forward to this.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

My daughter is in St. Augustine. There will be a lot of us who will feel some effects from this storm. It may have been only a Cat 1, but it still packs a punch.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Bacon saver

OK, as a "Squid" and traveling the high seas at a rapid pace we had many means of "weather guessing" at our disposal. Actually that was a rate in the navy AG (Aerographers mate) we called them weather guessers. But anyway, we used NOAA extensively not AGs. If you dig into the site you'll find things like "sea buoys" which will give you wave height data for geographic areas, very helpful for boaters. But to get to the topic...........the water vapor loop will tell you exactly what the weather is doing and help you project the "real" direction/path of said storms. My little Rat is in Panama City and she told me that they were told to "board up windows" and they shut down the schools and all vacations canceled and the local economy took a hit........except Home depot and Lowe's. Well we walked and talked through the water vapor loop and told her my "projections" and she agreed and woke up to a sun shiny day. OK bottom line, you have to pay attention and watch this thing and the patterns, learn the jet streams and what represents what, highs and lows, etc. Before to long you'll become a professional "weather guesser" so right now is a good time to start! I'm going to put the link here seeings the topic has been started by our resident underwater sound propagation expert. But I'm going to start a new thread because hurricane season is in full swing. Check this out........

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/flash-wv.html
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.