Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another senseless riot

Do you have a robot?
    You know it is interesting the killing of that guy in Charlotte never really made the news out here. It was just a quick blurb and nothing more. Now I suppose had one of those notorious cops had shot him it would have been national news for several days.

I love it they had a shooting in El Cajon, CA my old stomping grounds. The guy was suppose to be deported but since his host country drug their heels they just let him go. Did I mention he was a criminal too. Well I saw on the news people were marching in the street and one guy had a picture of this guys image showing him as an angle, really please......
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

The guy down in El Cajon (close to Mexico, south of San Diego) was standing facing away from officers with one hand in his pocket. He was ordered to show his hands. He turned to face the officers, pulled his hand out and pointed an object at the police while assuming a shooting stance. What did he think would happen.

So it turns out he was pointing one end of a vaping device at the cops. Someone posted on Calguns.net a picture of a woman holding a vaping device in one hand and a Glock 17 in the other hand with her hand on the trigger. It took about 2 seconds of looking at a picture to determine which hand held the Glock. In two seconds you could be dead! I called this one suicide by cop.

(Lots of people on Calguns went ape over the fact that the picture was taken with a finger on the trigger pointing at the person with the camera. The original poster replied that he knows about trigger etiquette, it was done to make the point.)

Do you have a robot?
    Two seconds is a long time to have someone shooting at you. Non shooters just don't understand. Oh ya why didn't they just try to wound him or shoot the gun out of his hand?? I would love to put those people in the simulator for a real education.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

finally pooped
    My wife used to ask me the same questions till I took her to the range and made her do some shoot/no shoot drills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes