Thread: Gas Attack??

I'll most likely shit myself

Gas Attack??

I caught a blurb on Fox when I got in from work tonight. Found these two articles and thought it worthy of some discussion.
    Apparently a US base near Mosul detected some traces of a Mustard Type gas. But from the Fox article it doesn't sound like they are sure if was an attack or not. I did see that there was a Pharma company nearby that could have been used as a chemical prep site. Or could it have been us supplying ISIS so we could blame it on Assad?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/09...cal-agent.html

ISIS fighters are believed to have attacked U.S. and Iraqi forces with a chemical weapon Tuesday evening, a U.S. official told Fox News.

The U.S base outside Qayyarah, 25 miles south of Mosul, was struck by a rocket and traces of a "mustard agent" were believed to be present, the official said. The attack was first reported by CNN.

A Pentagon official told reporters that a “tar-like black oily substance” was found on the shell, which landed within the base only hundreds of yards from U.S. forces. An initial test for the agent was positive, but “could be false," the official said. The second test was negative, possibly because the shell had been exposed to the elements.

No U.S. troops were injured in the attack and there were “no signs of exposure” shown by any U.S. troops, including the two soldiers who inspected the shell. Two to four soldiers who were near the shell received full decontamination treatment.

Then there is this:

http://popularmilitary.com/u-s-troop...e-mustard-gas/

U.S. military forces have been reportedly attacked by ISIS with chemical weapons at Qayarrah air base.

According to an initial report from CNN’s Barbara Star, the troops were targeted with indirect fire that possibly contained mustard gas.

The shell was categorized by officials as either a rocket or artillery shell and initial testing for chemical agents was inconclusive but suggested mustard gas.

“No US troops were hurt or have displayed symptoms of exposure to mustard agent,” according to CNN.

The troops who were involved in the incident have not shown any symptoms of exposure but went through decontamination showers as a precaution.

Last week, more than 50 targets were destroyed at a former pharmaceuticals factory near Mosul by coalition airstrikes.

The factory had been converted for production of “chlorine or mustard gas — we don’t know for sure at this point,” Lieutenant-General Jeffrey Harrigian, the commander of US air forces in the region, said last week.

Officials expected that ISIS might try and use chemical weapons against U.S. and Iraqi forces during their push to take back Mosul.

U.S. officials stated they will continue to hit suspected mustard agent, which is relatively easy to produce, production sites wherever they find them.

Qayarrah air base was retaken from ISIS in July and was considered a necessary stronghold for the operation to retake Mosul from ISIS. The base is believed to have over 30 hardened aircraft shelters.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 09-23-2016 at 12:13 AM.

with all the chemical weapons floating around the Middle East from the various regimes that have fallen - very surprised this isn't more common .... Libya supposedly had a crap load of just about anything you can think of for weapons .... Iraq's gas & bio weapons were rumored to have been sent to Syria - not to mention the probable weapons they already had acquired ....Iran most certainly has an active program - gas attacks were an almost daily occurrence during the Iran-Iraq War - God only knows where that has lead to - Israel is scared to death of Iran's WMD program ....

We know that Irag under Hussein USED chemical weapons on the Kurds, yet we found none after we took Saddam down? Hmmm...maybe they were all in the truck convoys that left Iraq and went to Syria just prior to the war?

I'll most likely shit myself

Most likely. Like Illi said Iran and Iraq were gassing each other on a regular basis. Kurds took the brunt after Bush 1 walked away from them. I wouldn't be shocked if the supply came from US anyway. We funded AL queda and now is to be the shop k troops. Why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    We know that Irag under Hussein USED chemical weapons on the Kurds, yet we found none after we took Saddam down? Hmmm...maybe they were all in the truck convoys that left Iraq and went to Syria just prior to the war?

they buried two entire commercial jetliners out in the desert .... who knows what's still out there

finally pooped
    Chemical weapons will always be popular. I can almost guarantee that all the people on this forum have the supplies in their houses to make a few different types, but I'll refrain from elaborating on that.

They are easy to make and effective so I guarantee they are a real danger to everyone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I am intimately knowledgeable about Q-West, and I can tell you, If they shot something at it, it had to have been an Arty shell. The base is located 2 miles off of Tampa.... thru the desert. one road in and out. You can see shit for miles.... literally for miles, Me on the left[/IMG][/URL]
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Chemical weapons will always be popular. I can almost guarantee that all the people on this forum have the supplies in their houses to make a few different types, but I'll refrain from elaborating on that.

They are easy to make and effective so I guarantee they are a real danger to everyone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

for the longest time every prepper site had postings to a UTube for making DIY ether in your kitchen countertop chem lab .... everyone needed to be prepped for those emergency DIY organ transplants ....

one small mistake in this ether making and the kitchen, house and surrounding part of the neighborhood would look like a WW1 battlefield complete with a gas attack ....

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    for the longest time every prepper site had postings to a UTube for making DIY ether in your kitchen countertop chem lab .... everyone needed to be prepped for those emergency DIY organ transplants ....

one small mistake in this ether making and the kitchen, house and surrounding part of the neighborhood would look like a WW1 battlefield complete with a gas attack ....
    But...but.... isnt that half the fun?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.