Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Phyical Fitness

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    The downside of your blood glucose rising is that you will release insulin to either convert it to energy (insulin works by carrying glucose molecules through the cell wall) or if you don't need energy, then convert it to fat. Also, the highs and lows cause hunger, and the effects of not eating (lightheadedness, irritability, etc).
    I am still loosing weight, I think my body fat is pretty close to 11%. Hoping to hit 10% soon. I have plenty energy, no light headeness. Maybe some irritability, but not much more than usual. Going to try to eat 2 larger meals tomorrow and see how that goes.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Im hung up at 229.. still a LOT better than the 256 I was encroaching on!

I cant WAIT to get 200! Im sure another 30 would do me a world of good!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Well I managed to only eat twice today. Had a big breakfast at 12:30, and big supper at 20:30. 2064 calories of my 2100 goal. Wasn't to bad, but really doubt I could eat once a day and not be miserable.

Don't count calories....doesnt matter and is counter productive.

Read Good Calories Bad Calories....

How can that be?

Crotch Rocket

Its more in what you eat than the calorie count. A focus on animal protein, along with certain fats and veggies. I could eat like a pig and still not hit a set calorie count. I just ate when I was hungry, and until I felt full. Usually a few times a day. Full of energy and feeling good.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

What he said. Calorie in, calorie out is a cruel lie. It also depends on how you metabolize food.

Read the book for a complete (non-scientific) explanation.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    The one thing that helped me the MOST is dropping soft drinks and sugar, ALL sugar. Then I adjusted to eating a more healthy diet, not perfect... just more healthy. Dropped ALL the junk food and junk snacks.

I ate whenever I was hungry, but it was an apple or something for snacks.

My first 25 lbs (or so?) dropped off like a bad habit and I feel a lot better. Now, to drop the *OTHER* 25 lbs I need to get rid of!!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Its more in what you eat than the calorie count. A focus on animal protein, along with certain fats and veggies. I could eat like a pig and still not hit a set calorie count. I just ate when I was hungry, and until I felt full. Usually a few times a day. Full of energy and feeling good.
    I do focus on animal protein and good fats. But if I don't count my calories i will probably eat over 5k a day. I will eat when I get hungry if I don't keep up with it. I almost always feel hungry. For example today was my cheat meal. I ate about 4k calories just for supper, and i am not full.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    The one thing that helped me the MOST is dropping soft drinks and sugar, ALL sugar. Then I adjusted to eating a more healthy diet, not perfect... just more healthy. Dropped ALL the junk food and junk snacks.

I ate whenever I was hungry, but it was an apple or something for snacks.

My first 25 lbs (or so?) dropped off like a bad habit and I feel a lot better. Now, to drop the *OTHER* 25 lbs I need to get rid of!!

EB

Sugar is bad, right?

Of the half-dozen or so different types of dietary sugar, the worst one of all for your body is fructose. The one in 'natural, healthy' fruit.

The body has no feedback mechanism to tell you to quit eating fructose, that you've had enough. It can't be used by the body in cells, it has to be converted to either glycogen or triglycerides (fatty acids), which lead to high cholesterol.

That apple? Fructose. I'm not saying don't eat fruit, but be very, very careful. An apple or an orange isn't necessarily bad for you, but it's not good for you either. And any processed fruit flavored anything (fruit juice, fruit roll-up, fruit filling, etc) is indeed bad for you.

Don't even get me started on high fructose corn syrup. Thanks, ADM and USDA for killing thousands of Americans.