Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
There are a few variants of the sort of diet I follow - Atkins, Paleo, Keto. Most are close to what I think is ideal - Atkins, for example, had the right idea but advocated pretty high protein intake (as a result of his food recommendations). I try and make it simple, which makes it easier for me to follow. The basic premise of what I normally eat is based on two things - it had a face (animal protein) and green (green leafy vegetables, low in sugars).

I will occasionally eat other foods, but not as a regular item.

I even eat at McDonalds, occasionally. No fries, but I will get two McDoubles, and throw the bread away from one and use the meat and condiments on the other one...making a McQuad, I guess. BTW, the bread at McDonalds has a ton of sugar added, and so do their condiments - ketchup, even mustard, are sugar added because kids like it. I'm not saying never eat that stuff, just be aware of it and avoid it most of the time.

I can even eat at a Dennys....A build it myself slam, double eggs, bacon and sausage. No bread. Fills me up for the day. In short if it takes a combine to harvest, I don't eat it.
On athletic keto I keep my protein at just over 1 per pound. I get about 175 grams of protein each day, and about 130 grams of fat per day. While keeping my total carbs below 35grams. I am getting 2000 total calories per day, but I am not adding in the calories I burned during my workout. Feeling really good.