Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Heads Up

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Just heard from my daughter. She is now in the Gainesville area. She was under mandatory evacuation. The NOAA storm surge prediction app shows flooding inland past I-95 from south of Daytona Beach going North past Jacksonville. Storm looks like it is strengthening. I am currently watching reports from 4 different stations in Florida, reports are not good. This storm is going to cause a lot of damage. Stay safe those of you Ants in the Florida-Georgia, South Carolina area.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I'll most likely shit myself

My cousin left Jacksonville and headed to other family on the panhandle.

My prayers are out for all the folks involved.

Walking on Sunshine

My elderly (stubborn) uncle and aunt are about 1/2 mile from the coast, I called them to see if they were on their way out but Uncle isn't leaving, my aunt said they have the shutters up and enough water, food, gas and are going to hunker down and ride it out at the house. Please pray for them. I am really really worried about them. I just hope their son is there with his kids to help them. Haven't been able to contact him as of yet, I keep trying, though.

Bacon saver

Well I just talked to my "darling little daughter" yesterday, guess where she's at? St. Augustine for a dance competition! "Oh, by the way dad......I'm at Publix shopping for some......" You can guess how the rest of the conversation went. Well they are staying at a hotel that is a shelter, forget what it's called but that's where the competition is being held. Yup, they are going to continue with the competition.......WTF? It seems I was just having a similar conversation a little while back, shot up gay night club, little terrorist action, blah, blah, blah. What is it with this kid? So they are hunkering down, as I sit here with my thumb up my ass...........again. That EOD boyfriend of hers better show some "hoo-yah" over the next few days.

OK, so I gave her a list over the phone and she was way ahead of me, except for a couple of things of course. But here's the thing that ticked me off...again.
    1. No "BOB", the one I picked, packed, and parceled sits collecting dust at her home in "Fairy Land, FL"
    2. No piece, she has her permit and so does "diver dan" and yet they drive all around the state for competitions......you get the picture.

OK, so I sit and wait..............fuckin dancers. OH, but she's now NITROX certified, mixed gas diver, "hoo-yah" might come in handy with the storm surge........Kid's going to drive me nuts!

It's gotta be in her DNA......
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Walking on Sunshine

Take a DEEP breath BR . Will pray for you and the daughter. Hope all is well otherwise.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    my kid drives me nuts quite often, so we have something in common!!

Lil'Bravo reminds me of the saying: youth is wasted on the young.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Just heard from a friend in Savannah. They decided to ride it out. He said it's getting rough, but so far no major issues. Just high wind gust.
    Hope all the folks that stayed back hold up ok and they have enough supplies to last till power and supplies come back.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Member posted the URL, thx!

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=33.7;-80...nd&w=0DANjxvYb

The outer band is starting to hit, moderate rain and 6 mph wind. By morning this should start to get interesting.
    I doubt we will see anything significant, but... still lots of rain and wind!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    Hunker down and good luck
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Just heard from my buddy in Savannah. They lost power around 3. Exits from neighborhood flooded, but other than sticks and limbs in the yard they came thru good.

Cousin is heading back to Jacksonville to see how there place faired.

Sister lives in mid SC. They are getting heavy rain and are e,pectin significant flooding in some areas. They are on high ground and should be fine.