Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Heads Up

I'll most likely shit myself

East Coast Heads Up

For all you Ants on or near the East Coast, Keep your heads up and eyes open.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...daynl#contents

There is a lot of info out there right now, but after it crosses Cuba they forecasters don't really have a clue what Mathew is gonna do. The latest I heard is that it may start working its way west. that will bring Florida and south eastern Ga more into play for more than just heavy rain. Earlier it looked more like the SC/NC line might take the brunt. Hopefully it turns out to sea.

Do you have a robot?
    Okay they say in some areas in its path can expect up to 24 to 40 inches of rain. I am trying to figure out how someone in a flood zone can prepare for something like that? You guys be careful and try to stay dry. Good luck

It rained here yesterday, the first time in 140 days and we got .09 inches of rain, not even enough to water the lawn.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

finally pooped
    Sandbag all your low doors and windows. Thats all I can say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Genny has been down for a year, reckon Ill ride this out with coleman lanterns... what sux, is not having the fridge, I hate loosing ANY food.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Current track for Hurricane Matthew has it going up the east coast of Florida and then heading out to sea. Looks to be strengthening so looks like a Cat3/4 storm. I have relatives in St. Augustine, and they are heeding the warnings, which is something I would advise anyone in the path to do. Stuff can be easily replaced, life is not as easy. Mt prayers arewith those of you in the forecast path.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I'll most likely shit myself

I have a cuz that lives near Jacksonville. They are bugging out today. Way too close for comfort. This one is big enough to cause massive destruction. No way I would try and ride this one out.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

I just checked the NOAA warning for the Florida/SE Georgia area. They are predicting extreme damage. My daughter lives in saint Augustine, she has prepped for this, but since she is a nurse, has already been put on notice that she will be working. No evac for her or her 2 kids.

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Yep, going to be a bumpy ride for us here. Keep us in your prayers fellow ants.

This storm is looking worse and worse for folks in Florida. The track now shows the eye may skirt Daytona Beach, The storm will be producing hurricane force winds along areas of the Florida coast for 24 hours along a 200 mile swath centered around Daytona. If it tracks a bit more westerly hurricane force winds will be felt inland as far as Orlando. Mandatory evacs have already been put in place east of US1A. Most grocery stores and a lot of gas stations and hardware/Home improvement stores have run out of essentials.
    Will be contacting my daughter later today to see what is going on.
    If you are in the storms path, contact friends and relatives and tell them your plans. Keep them updated and keep your cell charged. If you are evacuating and haven't gassed up, you probably can't at this point. Storm impact is expected to be at its strongest starting about 10PM tonight and continue through the weekend. Stay safe. My prayers are with you.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

New projections have this thing as a strong C4 possibly a C5 prior to taking the coast. In terms of hurricanes it's the Florida worst case scenario actively happening. I Lnow a few of our members over there. Let's hope they are ready for this monster.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.