Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type II Diabetic?

Type II Diabetic?

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Hmmm. I was just diagnosed with T2 a month ago. Turns out mine was probably drug induced.
    I was previously suffering from reoccurring bouts of Gout and my doc prescribed prednisone. I had Gout 5 times in 8 months. Started having incredible headaches and dizziness after my last episode and thought it was withdrawal from the prednisone. BP was down to 85/65 with 130 pulse. Went to ER ad they discovered my glucose was 385. Had a little insulin for the first day and then started metformin daily. Tomorrow will be my last dose of that. My blood sugar has been constant between 75 and 130 and docs want to see if I need to continue the metformin.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I too was just diagnosed with the same this weekend while in the hospital. Mine is so barely over the line, it's almost not there, and told to take Metformin also. I will take it, but I will use this as the extra push I needed to loose 50 lbs so I won't need to take the meds, and generally feel better all over. And I would like to stress something to all of the other stubborn old men out there like me on this site. I am not looking for any sympathy here, just trying to push a point. Due to my own stubborn ass, I did not seek any medical help until it was almost to late for a simple bladder infection. I didn't know I had one, but I knew something was wrong. The bladder infection then went into both kidneys, then into bowels, then I went septic. When I finally called an ambulance and got to the hospital, I was latter told if I had waited only another 12 hours, it would have been the coroner picking me up instead of the ambulance. So, please, if we need help...ask for it. I didn't want to bother anyone, and almost died because of it. After all, Dome Lives Matter. Ask for help.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad to see you back on DG. Glad you got in the hospital in time. And you make a great point don't let stuff go. It usually only gets worse.

Yes, predisone raises blood sugar...which causes more insulin, which makes you more resistant to it: Instant Ty II Diabetes.

BTW, Metformin will also raise your blood insulin levels.....thats what it's supposed to do. Lose the weight, and you'll probably be off of it.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

AT 6'1" 175lbs I dont have a lot I can lose!
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    I can sympathize with you. I graduated HS in 1979, 6'3" and weighing 150 lbs, and try as hard as I could, I couldn't gain any weight. Now add a few years, a few ex-wives, ect. and now I'm still around the same height and weight 262. That's over 100 lbs of fat. People tell me I look fine and height/weight appropriate, but I can tell I'm over weight. The medical charts say I should only weigh 202, put I would be happy anywhere around 210-230.

Yeah, that was more for DomeGuy.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

That is what I thought. I am 5 '11, and down to 149 lbs and still have about 14% body fat. I lost 25lbs and gained muscle.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Fidel for the great informational video. The hospital told me nothing of how to take care of it except to take the medicine. Gee..thanks...that's some great advice. They did however give me a phamplet to read.