Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Navy Destroyer Attacked

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Here it is 4 days later, and the administration and the Pentagon have yet to come up with a response. What is it going to take to get this administration to take action. We are headed in the same direction we were before Pearl Harbor. If you appear weak, and do nothing to check aggression, you get attacked.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

USS Macon, USS Maddox..... Same same.

Bacon saver

Well, "keep your heads down till we figure it out" ............."steam around in circles OK?"

As the administration says, "We are keeping a close eye on things, but we have yet to determine who exactly is responsible before we can actually determine whether there is a threat. Then we will be able to negotiate a possible counter strike with those responsible for the alleged parties. Those that might have actually launched the alleged missiles, but we have no conformation whether they were missiles or rockets."
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

you guys are aware there was another missile attack TODAY - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ye...-idUSKCN12C294

I'll most likely shit myself

The Navy launched some Tomahawk missles at Yemen today, supposedly going after radar sites used to guide the Houti missles fired at the US ships. Here is a story that includes a video.

https://navaltoday.com/2016/10/13/vi...-on-uss-mason/

Video: US launches Tomahawks at Yemen after another attack on USS Mason

Guided missile destroyer USS Nitze (DDG 94) has launched Tomahawk missiles against Yemen’s Houthi fighters in response to repeated anti-ship missile launches at U.S. Navy destroyer USS Mason.

In the morning hours of October 13, USS Nitze struck and destroyed three radar sites in Houthi-controlled territory on Yemen’s Red Sea coast.

The strikes were authorized by U.S. president Barack Obama at the recommendation of Secretary of Defense Ash Carter and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs General Joseph Dunford.

Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said the strikes were a limited, self-defense measure aimed at protecting personnel, ships, and freedom of navigation in the maritime passageway.

“The United States will respond to any further threat to our ships and commercial traffic, as appropriate, and will continue to maintain our freedom of navigation in the Red Sea, the Bab al-Mandeb, and elsewhere around the world,” Cook said.

I'll most likely shit myself

Here is another story from Fox. Looks like Iran is upping the stakes.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10...men-coast.html

Iran deploys warships off Yemen after US, Houthis trade fire

Iran deployed two warships off Yemen threatening to further escalate tensions after the U.S. fired Tomahawk cruise missiles destroying three coastal radar sites in Houthi-controlled territory, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News on Thursday.

Iran sent the ships to the Gulf of Aden, one of the world's most vital shipping routes, "to protect trade vessels from piracy," Iran's semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.
    Still, analysts warn the move could ratchet up the danger to U.S. forces in the region. U.S. intelligence has linked Iran to the funding of Yemen's Shiite rebels, who have also waged a series of attacks against Saudi Arabia, a longtime U.S. ally.

The U.S. official said the Houthis indeed fired missiles targeting American ships twice over just four days. The ships were not hit. The U.S. destroyed the coastal radar sites early Thursday.

Fox News is told one of the Iranian ships carries the same type of anti-ship missiles the Houthis were suspected of firing this week, and the other ship carries a helicopter. White House Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz said the U.S. would not speculate on the Iranians' intentions.
    A U.S. official told Fox News a Chinese warship and Russian intelligence ship were in the same region Thursday.

In January, Iran's Revolutionary Guard captured 10 U.S. Navy sailors after their two boats drifted into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf. The Americans were released roughly 16 hours later. The U.S. also accused Iran of engaging in dozens of "unsafe and unprofessional" interactions with the U.S. Navy, including the shadowing of a U.S. patrol ship last month.

Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said President Barack Obama authorized the strikes at the recommendation of Defense Secretary Ash Carter and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Joseph Dunford. He added that these were limited self-defense strikes conducted to protect U.S. personnel, ships and freedom of navigation.

The USS Nitze launched the missiles, Cook added.

Meanwhile, the state news agency Saba -- under Houthis' control -- quoted an unnamed military official as saying that U.S. accusations that a U.S. destroyer had come under attack from areas under control of Houthis were false.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

It is starting to get a little warm in the Persian Gulf region. Let's just hope cooler heads prevail. We may just be in a shooting war over there soon, Iranian's are just too unpredictable. They will push the envelope just as far as they can. I see a lot of GQ ( general quarters) time in our sailor's future.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

**** ALERT ****

if you haven't heard - Obammy is having a Top Level staff meeting - TOMORROW - to discuss crossing the Russian "Red Line" and start attacking Syrian military directly - basically attacking Russian assets and personnel - direct combat with Russian fighters flying protection ....

IS Obammy Crazy Enough?

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    **** ALERT ****

if you haven't heard - Obammy is having a Top Level staff meeting - TOMORROW - to discuss crossing the Russian "Red Line" and start attacking Syrian military directly - basically attacking Russian assets and personnel - direct combat with Russian fighters flying protection ....

IS Obammy Crazy Enough?
    like the chemical weapons line?

I'd not be surprised if BHO thinks HE is the Caliph. And that sacrificing the Great Satan will cement his place. Look for any sudden trips to places not likely to be nuked.

I'm screwed, no means to get out in time. And anyone that thinks Vegas isn't a big fat target need only look to Nellis and Creech on one side and Indian Springs on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    like the chemical weapons line?

I'd not be surprised if BHO thinks HE is the Caliph. And that sacrificing the Great Satan will cement his place. Look for any sudden trips to places not likely to be nuked.

I'm screwed, no means to get out in time. And anyone that thinks Vegas isn't a big fat target need only look to Nellis and Creech on one side and Indian Springs on the other.

that was a Obammy Red Line - this is poking the Bear again and harder this time .... the last time it was tit for tat - the Russians then issued their Red Line - a Putin Red Line

is Obammy trying to work in a false flag for the elections or is crazy enough to start WW3 over Syrian Muslims that hate our guts as much as ISIS .....