Thread: Navy Destroyer Attacked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bacon saver

I concur with STG1, I believe that the Mason's CO was under COMNAVSWEATGULF orders. They have the capability to squash that bug in a heart beat once those missiles were launched they had a lock. I'm telling ya leadership is really gotta be fuckin tense on these commands that are in the gulf.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

you guys are aware there was another missile attack TODAY - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ye...-idUSKCN12C294

I'll most likely shit myself

Here is another story from Fox. Looks like Iran is upping the stakes.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10...men-coast.html

Iran deploys warships off Yemen after US, Houthis trade fire

Iran deployed two warships off Yemen threatening to further escalate tensions after the U.S. fired Tomahawk cruise missiles destroying three coastal radar sites in Houthi-controlled territory, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News on Thursday.

Iran sent the ships to the Gulf of Aden, one of the world's most vital shipping routes, "to protect trade vessels from piracy," Iran's semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.
    Still, analysts warn the move could ratchet up the danger to U.S. forces in the region. U.S. intelligence has linked Iran to the funding of Yemen's Shiite rebels, who have also waged a series of attacks against Saudi Arabia, a longtime U.S. ally.

The U.S. official said the Houthis indeed fired missiles targeting American ships twice over just four days. The ships were not hit. The U.S. destroyed the coastal radar sites early Thursday.

Fox News is told one of the Iranian ships carries the same type of anti-ship missiles the Houthis were suspected of firing this week, and the other ship carries a helicopter. White House Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz said the U.S. would not speculate on the Iranians' intentions.
    A U.S. official told Fox News a Chinese warship and Russian intelligence ship were in the same region Thursday.

In January, Iran's Revolutionary Guard captured 10 U.S. Navy sailors after their two boats drifted into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf. The Americans were released roughly 16 hours later. The U.S. also accused Iran of engaging in dozens of "unsafe and unprofessional" interactions with the U.S. Navy, including the shadowing of a U.S. patrol ship last month.

Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said President Barack Obama authorized the strikes at the recommendation of Defense Secretary Ash Carter and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Joseph Dunford. He added that these were limited self-defense strikes conducted to protect U.S. personnel, ships and freedom of navigation.

The USS Nitze launched the missiles, Cook added.

Meanwhile, the state news agency Saba -- under Houthis' control -- quoted an unnamed military official as saying that U.S. accusations that a U.S. destroyer had come under attack from areas under control of Houthis were false.