Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Navy Destroyer Attacked

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Navy Destroyer Attacked

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10...n-red-sea.html

It seems that our enemies in the Middle east are no longer content to just harass our naval assets in the Red Sea/Persian Gulf area. Our present administration also appears to not want to ruffle feathers. It is a sad commentary on U.S. power in the world. What is it going to take for our government to wake up and realize that there are Islamic factions out there that mean to do us real harm.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

already made the comment elsewhere .... if we had a REAL president - there'd be a strike force of B-52 bombers making a statement already this morning ...

Bacon saver

Well I knew it would get worse and this was going to get brought up. The UAE ship wasn't just any ship...........they blew up MY FUCKIN SHIP! Not just any ship, it was MINE, I was there for the birth, put it in the water and put her in service. I went through the Australian Maritime College for High speed navigation courses for this, all civilian training, qualified as a open ocean Master, I ran her threw the ringer and she was the best ship I ever had all the way around. She survived and still floating, hull number 61, the HSV-2 SWIFT, I was the Command Senior Chief of the Gold Crew and we put her through some pretty cool shit. Interesting history if you look her up. But to watch her get destroyed by these.......................well let's just say I'll keep these comments to myself. But it leaves a deep hole in ones stomach to watch this happen. Knowing how much blood, sweat and one may never know what else we put into that high speed vomit comet. But here's a recent article i found that actually jives, like he was onboard. Check out the videos and pics. I was also on HSV-X1 Joint Venture, used her as a FOB for the brownwater Navy well you can look that one up. Took it to Iraq, oil platforms, played in the river, blah, blah. Straight from there and I went to Tasmania to build SWIFT, gotta make a better one! I got to play with some pretty cool toys before i retired.

https://4threvolutionarywar.wordpres...olonel-cassad/

When you're a "PLANKOWNER" these ships become something more than just a command, they are part of your soul. I commissioned two and De-commissioned one. The Mine Hunter has already been scrapped was in service from 96-2015, the ship I decommissioned was supposed to be ready to "lite off" and be operational in 90 days, so she had to be in like new condition (Class B decomm) she was decommissioned in OCT1995 now ..........Final Disposition, disposed of as a target, 21 July 2003 in the VACAPES OPAREA 31°.17.2 N x 7°.35.16 W.

SO my last one get blown up be these little fuckers............what's to comment? Our job in the Navy is to keep the sea lanes open....and little acts of piracy thrown in for good measure. So that's why we are there right now and that's why the little destroyer is getting shot at. So let's get a lock on the little fleas on the beach and wax their asses. As far as the small boats go, that's just target practice, give the cooks a break, everyone gets trigger time. Police your brass and carry on smartly swab.
    Last edited by Brownwater Riverrat 13; 10-10-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    already made the comment elsewhere .... if we had a REAL president - there'd be a strike force of B-52 bombers making a statement already this morning ...

Mmmm, maybe some Nighthawks or the odd Tomahawk sortie...

As for BWRR's genteel suggestions regarding their small boats... yes, sir, yes, sir, three bags of .50BMG brass full, sir. And get the Old Man some trigger time on them little bastards, too... he damn well better be a man-o-warsman sailor if he's sailing them waters.

I'm an old Heinlein addict (he was USN thru and thru, Canoe U grad and all... the only reason he left was tuberculosis and he fought that as hard as he could) and I'm minded that in one of his space juvenile novels one of his characters said "A ship is not just steel." A good, valid, and actually tangible point, and from which I understand your proper and just sentimentality regarding the ships you served on. And it seems to be universal amongst proper navies.

That disgusting BS that happened with our small boats shoulda been a good hard slap to wake everybody up with.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10...n-red-sea.html

It seems that our enemies in the Middle east are no longer content to just harass our naval assets in the Red Sea/Persian Gulf area. Our present administration also appears to not want to ruffle feathers. It is a sad commentary on U.S. power in the world. What is it going to take for our government to wake up and realize that there are Islamic factions out there that mean to do us real harm.
    A real C-in-C for a start.

If there's a next time, recruit some extremely salty CMCPO or Marine CSM and run him.

Someone who's been there and done that, and can tell the f'ng tale.

Someone who would literally kick asses and take names. "Your people are screwing up, Secretary whatever... you have 24 hours to hand me their resignations, or yours."

And fergossakes get him a VP that can take the load with him. Put his ass to work, not just sit his ass at the Naval Observatory and twiddle his thumbs waiting to pull an LBJ. Navy guys... was there ever a ship you served on that the Old Man and the XO weren't just about Siamese friggin' twins?

RHL3 is right. Running a country means you check your ego at the door. And lobbing Tomahawks at someone that has opened fire on a warship under our ensign is NOT ego. It's showing what the hell happens when you do stupid crap like that.

For the Love of Cats

America has turned into a bunch of pussies. The fact that this attack was not met with LETHAL force, shows what this tool pres has done to a great nation. Jesus Fuck guys, get your shit together!!!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Read an article about this today. Unbelievable that place ain't a smoking pile of rubble about now. Well with our traitors in chief, I guess not surprising. What are the bets Iran is involved? I find it highly doubtful Yemen rebels are buying missles. This really ties in to the article about Saudi getting ready to hit Syria. Iran is squarely in the middle of that.

Rat sorry to hear about your old command. That looks to be a fairly large vessel. Not what I was expecting from a "Swift Boat".

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

The USS Mason, has the capability to have taken out the "mutts" that fired on them. I will be willing to bet there was some interesting message traffic between the Mason's CO and CENTCOM, and CENTCOM and the rest of the Chain of Command. The ultimate result from our Chicken in Chief, let's not start an international incident. Of course , threy got it backwards, had the Mason returned fire, they would have ended an international incident. The Mason's CO must have been extremely pissed at being told to stand down and do nothing. I know some of the ship CO's I served on would have fired back, and claimed later that we had communication problems, and never received the message to stand down.
    I'm intimately familiar with the technology involved in targeting and hitting the persons responsible, and it could have happened immediately after those missiles/rockets were fired. There would have been a few less jihadist to fight after the Mason fired.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I'll most likely shit myself

As it should have been handled.

Bacon saver

I concur with STG1, I believe that the Mason's CO was under COMNAVSWEATGULF orders. They have the capability to squash that bug in a heart beat once those missiles were launched they had a lock. I'm telling ya leadership is really gotta be fuckin tense on these commands that are in the gulf.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.