Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Navy Destroyer Attacked

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Got iodine pills?

latest on the Yemen situation - Iran has moved a small naval flotilla into that coastal area to oppose the two US destroyers .... the three radar sites destroyed were Iranian operated for the rebel forces - could be a checkmate move by the Iranians

finally pooped
    I dunno about checkmate, more like stalemate for the moment. Till something is done decisively against Iran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    I dunno about checkmate, more like stalemate for the moment. Till something is done decisively against Iran.

I'm worried about a sqeeze play between several shore batteries and those ships - the missiles used so far were very simple and coming only in single volley - Iran also has some good diesel subs that could manage that deployment - coordinated attack from 3-4 directions with uber fast surface scrapers won't bode well ....

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

The Arleigh Burke class destroyer is capable of handling multiple threats quite easily with a trained crew. Iranian diesel subs aren't really much of a threat in the gulf environment. Fast skimmers with missiles would pose more of a problem then anything else, except aircraft. A well coordinated multi-element attack would pose a problem, but if our ships worked in concert with each other, it would provide a strong defense and counterattack to anything the Iranian's could muster.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I am sure our Muslim-In-Chief believes we need to take time to UNDERSTAND those dirtbags.

This is what we have become. How much of this has been heard on mainstream media? Nope, the lamestream media is spending 99% of its hot air on accusations about Trump.

I mean, overall we have become a pussy nation. Our colleges and universities now have "safe places" where "bad words won't hurt?"

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    I'm worried about a sqeeze play between several shore batteries and those ships - the missiles used so far were very simple and coming only in single volley - Iran also has some good diesel subs that could manage that deployment - coordinated attack from 3-4 directions with uber fast surface scrapers won't bode well ....
    Cold-War leftover diesel subs would make excellent practice for a Los Angeles -class fast-attack... help clean out some of the older conventional torpedo stocks out. Might even be able to deal with some of the speedboats, if not their mother-ship.

Right about now the Nitze and the Mason are weapons-ready or should be... not wanting to be a next-generation Cole. Every man-o'warsman commander wants a piece of these dregs, and right now... and I for one do not blame them.

Alas, the military is, for now, being run by a bunch of damned wimps, compliments of the former junior senator from Illinois.

RHL3 said it properly years ago: The purpose of a military, at the most basic, is to kill people and break things. Them jokers wanted to kill US sailors by firing missiles at their vessel. That they get fired back on is no more than just, and taking out the radar sites that were used to guide the damn missiles in the first place is also likewise just.

Iran, though...I would not be surprised if a massive "industrial accident" occurs just before they reach a point to be able to make nukes.

more missile attacks today from Yemen on US Navy assets - no details posted except no hits and no return fire ... AGAIN

Do you have a robot?
    Whatever happened to return fire if fired upon????
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

We wouldn't want to possibly harm any innocent civilians, would be the administrations answer to why we aren't firing back immediately. I say shoot back first, ask permission after the fact.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.