Thread: Colorblindedness and shtf. Relevant to health and well being

Crotch Rocket

Colorblindedness and shtf. Relevant to health and well being

Not too long ago I was privy to a discussion re: colorblindness and the effect it has on utilizing modern sight systems and optics. I was unable to add anything of substance to the conversation, since "that sucks" is obvious. However, while perusing facebook tonight I hit on a little gem, and thought I would share it here, on the off chance it could provide benefit to anyone in the colony.

Enchroma glasses. http://enchroma.com/ From the little I saw, they allow the color blind to see colors. Of course, I encourage some due diligence and research on the veracity of this claim, but is it worth looking into? I think it would be. Imagine not being able to see any of those beautiful red dots some of us so love, and all of a sudden... there it is!

thoughts? experiences?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Just 2 or 3 mice or squirrels will do the job....don't ask

I have worked with a few people who were Red/Blue color blind. One was a former marine scout sniper and he said that his color blindness made man made camouflage stand out like neon.
    That is why most snipers use natural foliage to blend in, doesn't stand out like man made colors do.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    As a red/green person of color...blindness, I can't say that I personally see cameo in neon. I see camo as part of the problem, a jumble of near same colors jumbled together. And as a person of color...blindness, the problem is we cant see reds, and associated near hue colors when placed in the middle of greens and browns. And most of us can see colors, we just see them different than the rest of you. So actually, just think about this. Because there are more of 'you' than 'us', 'you' decided 'we' are the ones who are color blind. Maybe it is you that are color blind, not us.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    As a red/green person of color...blindness, I can't say that I personally see cameo in neon. I see camo as part of the problem, a jumble of near same colors jumbled together. And as a person of color...blindness, the problem is we cant see reds, and associated near hue colors when placed in the middle of greens and browns. And most of us can see colors, we just see them different than the rest of you. So actually, just think about this. Because there are more of 'you' than 'us', 'you' decided 'we' are the ones who are color blind. Maybe it is you that are color blind, not us.

I'm gonna help you start a campaign, and maybe a White House petition to help stop visionism.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

interesting.... but I hope I don't come to a side street when you're driving the other way.

I have awesome vision (Thank you G-man), and am thankful; but I know no one that would be in my group that is blessed with DG's plight... unless of course he shows up on my doorstep, then he would be welcomed. sight and clamato deficiencies be damned.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.