Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter of intent to the Eastern Tennesee Ants

may be in trouble

Letter of intent to the Eastern Tennesee Ants

(Initially I sent this letter to all the folks on shtfready.com in eastern Tennessee.)

I will be moving to eastern Tennessee in late February or early March. Under the most ideal of circumstances, it will be with the high cover of having a transfer to a Walmart in the Eastern Tennessee area, preferably in the Tullahoma/Lynchburg/Winchester area.

This is, for good or ill, a one way trip. A Thrifty rental minivan is how I am getting me and mine out there, as I own no car. With luck, once settled, I can find an old beater of a pickup.

Pulling up stakes and moving 1900 miles will not be done blindly, though. It may be relied on that as much research as can be done by phone and 'net beforehand will be done.

Additional input and information from you folks, already there, would be much appreciated.

The move's purposes: getting out of the prepper deathtrap known as Las Vegas, an increasingly toxic working environment (tyvm and fyvm, affirmitive action), and lending what skills in communications to get the groups in the Cumberland Basin on the same sheet of music.

Your thoughts on this are much sought.

Roland Balke

KI7CIL

Do you have a robot?
    That really is a move and change of scenery. I don't blame you for wanting to leave. Good luck to you.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

Best wishes, and congrats on the locational improvement.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Be safe as you travel. Welcome to the area.

may be in trouble

Update:

One of my bosses managed to shiv me in the back regarding an evaluation. To be fairer than she deserves, I had thought that the eval was going, as has in the past, into a paper file. Instead, this year it was directly put into the same computers that WM uses to oversee transfers.

WM has standardized evals all to be done in one month of the year instead of annually related to the person's hire date. Additionally, the thing is a one page monstrosity, with the ONLY data asked for by the victim being their signature.

On top of that, WM pretty much COLA'ed our wages this year, so the 2016 eval, from a wage point of view, was useless to the management creeps that use it as a power trip over the people they oversee. Part and parcel why I didn't fight it as much as I should have, figuring the twerp was gettig its jones off.

I did not know of this change till about two WEEKS ago. Abovementioned twerp may have not known... and I'm 70% sure it would not have deterred her. I'm 90% sure she wouldn't/didn't mention of its direct linking if she HAD known.

So... my eight years of experience in sporting goods is nullified, effectively. I get to transfer as a cart pusher. fine and dandy; I will be the best damn one at it and damned well will, after six months, pressing as hard as hell for SG openings.

I'm a fair bit pissed at myself... for the past year I had been trying to transfer, and for the past nine months it'd been locked out with me all unknowing.

Side Note: WM at this store has a IT tech slot (no, I don't even begin to qualify) and said tech falls directly under the store manager. Abovementioned twerp cursed out the IT on the floor and apparantly in front of customers for him simply saying he was going home (end of shift).

Said tech went to his direct boss and said twerp is right now in deep kimchi.

Possibly of the firing kind.

( Store Mgr does not like said twerp and the IT tech slot is an experimental program that doesn't need said twerp interfering with it.)

As it stands, I have sent (cart pusher) transfer applications to the stores in Tullahoma, Manchester, and Winchester, and will be following up on them on the phone B&E Monday morning for attempted transfer dates in late February. The Store Mgr DOES have override over the twerp, so I may have a shot at Sports... time will tell.

One major concern I do have out there... I do not own a car. And I am one of those who never mastered a stick. Anyone know if there is a electronic version of the Nifty Nickel or other used car paper, local to the East TN area, to where I can start getting a feel for pricing and type on a truck? (minivan if I HAVE to... sheesh)

yr observant and surly emigre to be,

Kesephist

I'll most likely shit myself

Thirty Nickel and Barging mart are too publications you may look into. Both have decent auto sections. Craigslist would be another I would check out.

may be in trouble

More information. It is looking likely that it will be Manchester that I will be moving to, with a target date of the 22nd of February.

Flat out... if the transfer does not go through, I will be simply handing in my job notice two weeks before my lease expires and move out there anyway. Given that set of circumstances, I'll be one each by-heaven job-hunting creature and no mistake.

Any of the Tennessee Ants have any information about land in that target area, and about housing? (I'm not averse to trailer park living, provide they don't try to skin the hide off of my wallet. odd thing, too, as it's nylon...)

Kesephist

51 AAWU

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Good luck with the move Kes, I know it can be a daunting task picking up and moving cross-country, but Im sure leaving your current location, it will be all the more fulfilling. Craigslist and local FB groups are great places to pick up "beaters with heaters" (as they are known up north here) and you can usually find a pretty good deal on them. Luckily, you will also be much closer to the ANTS so that in itself is a pretty darn cool thing as well.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

may be in trouble

Additional follow up:

2/13 will be the last day for me at the store in Vegas. My regular two days off, then I leave LV with a heavy heart 2/16, ten days' paid vacation, then a month of unpaid leave to hook up with another WM ( lots of delays allegedly, which I gather will disappear as I show up... or not.)If no joy by then, I turn in my notice anyway and let the chips fall.

I won't quite be as broke as seems. WM has a new policy about accrued vacation time, and I haven't taken one in ten years. Translates into a nice payout come 2/9. And if I have to quit, the unused personal days (separate item) add up to another cash-out of some size.

Still aiming for Manchester, and I know a guy in Lenoir City from silver investing. My goal is to light out 2/17 and get out there the 20th or so. Stopping in places with internet to keep people apprised.

Yr ob'nt and surly

Kesephist

may be in trouble

And now, with heavy heart, emptied wallet, and PO'ed demeanor, the SITREP.

The Astro died on me, blown crankcase as near as I can tell, west of Flagstaff, AZ. No chance of repair, the junk-pile is being sold to Pick-A-Part once title clears. I end up back in Vegas, soul-killer job still waiting like a bear-trap with attitude. My silver will have to be sold off to make rent in new digs.

Nothing ventured, etc. Better vehicle next time, or ship everything out to a trusty party and then bus or fly out....

Kesephist