Thread: Presidential election vote recount?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    A mild comment. Intimidating electors is undemocratic, to be sure. But it is absolutely acceptable under the doctrines of those groups that do not call it wrong if it forwards the ideals of the group. Statists, communists, Wahabist Islam... charming bunch.

I'd not be a bit surprised, in the days to come, that all 538 electors get 9x12 envelopes full of pictures of their loved ones, and a block lettered instruction sheet:

WE KNOW WHERE THEY ARE.

YOU -KNOW- HOW TO VOTE

said sheet on HRC capaign imprinted stationary.
    My answer :
    Yep I know how to vote. I will not change it no matter the threat to me or family.
    What you have ask yourself is ; Do you really want to go down that dark road with me ?
    I won't give up my duty as a citizen or as a chosen electorate. To do so would be betray my principles and my countrymen.

So do as you will but remember your actions shall have results you didn't count on.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    My answer :
    Yep I know how to vote. I will not change it no matter the threat to me or family.
    What you have ask yourself is ; Do you really want to go down that dark road with me ?
    I won't give up my duty as a citizen or as a chosen electorate. To do so would be betray my principles and my countrymen.

So do as you will but remember your actions shall have results you didn't count on.
    Hey, I'm with you.

I simply point out this as a likely tactic by this bunch. They are without scruple, ethic or principal, beyond the twin doctrines that "might makes right" and "all is fair/just/legal that furthers our aims".

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Hey, I'm with you.

I simply point out this as a likely tactic by this bunch. They are without scruple, ethic or principal, beyond the twin doctrines that "might makes right" and "all is fair/just/legal that furthers our aims".
    Thanks Kesephist. I'll put up our scruples; ethics and principals against theirs any day of the week. I've never gambled but this is one time I may break my own rule and bet the odds.