Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen, I need your help

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Awe...u miss me? Miss u too Sniper Dude. ...
    How far are you from N. Dakota?
    Thanks for the update. I'm glad that you finally got that fiasco sorted out.

Geez girl, you talk about those those chickens like they're more than just food. I used to have a cat like that, once...

I guess it depends on what part of N Dak you're talking about... lol. I can be at Pembina (I29, two miles before the border) in less than two hours. Grand Forks in just over three.

Why? you comin' visiting? Or are you just making notes for future cat rescues?
    lol

Let me know, I'll fire up the barbie and we'll que up some burgers...

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post

P.S.
    Did you know they say chickens are from the Tyrannosaurus Rex D.N.A. line.
    I just KNEW that they tasted like chicken...

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I just KNEW that they tasted like chicken...
    Imagine putting a T- Rex on the barbie. Now that's party food.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Moving out to the country.
    Had to hit the Ira to get money to put up a building for my equipment, and then fix the house. Took weeks for the damn building permit, now it either rains or snows. The whole damn thing is at a standstill, and we're about to have to pay another months rent on the closed store building because we can't get out.
    I just spend every day frustrated, not making progress in any direction, funds slowly dwindling, no income.
    Wife says I drink too much, she's probably right. But if I weren't numb, I'd just be depressed.

I'm not getting divorced, at least as far as I know.
    But, I am the mushroom in my house, so who knows?

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Gunner,
    You made the jump? Did I miss something? Congrats is in order and the work is never done. Mother nature controls your schedule or you just have to deal with her when she slaps ya and makes you do it anyway. I think you're going to enjoy the "quiet life"

Side bar, if you have acreage do you have enough to be zoned agriculture and what are the zoning and building codes "then" when it comes to your property. It might change things for future projects. Here in TN it's a major change, pretty much no building permits for farmers so to speak. I'll have to look up the TN code and all that to post it for all, it was the State Attorney General's opinion which later became law two years ago. But as far as that building goes you wouldn't need a permit. Keep us posted!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Sniper, we are talking Bottineau, ND, Turtle Mountains, Peace Gardens EH? Gotta flatlander's reunion coming up. I saw the area where you are talking about, a bit east, couple days hike, haven't done the math yet. Don't even know how we're going to work this yet. But it's on the schedule............unless?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Gunner,
    You made the jump? Did I miss something? Congrats is in order and the work is never done. Mother nature controls your schedule or you just have to deal with her when she slaps ya and makes you do it anyway. I think you're going to enjoy the "quiet life"

Side bar, if you have acreage do you have enough to be zoned agriculture and what are the zoning and building codes "then" when it comes to your property. It might change things for future projects. Here in TN it's a major change, pretty much no building permits for farmers so to speak. I'll have to look up the TN code and all that to post it for all, it was the State Attorney General's opinion which later became law two years ago. But as far as that building goes you wouldn't need a permit. Keep us posted!
    No, not yet. Place been empty a yr waiting, needs a bunch of work. This was to be financed by the sale of dad's house, which sister is holding back (left to us both).
    Because of the shop closing, and having to build a garage first, instead of later, and needing money right now, had to hit Ira, spreading that between last month and this month (two yrs, two taxes).
    Hopefully there by summer, depends on several factors. Be doing most of the work myself, don't know how long it will take. Now unemployed, so time aplenty.

Just over 35 acres, it is agricultural. Mostly wooded. Small enough, no permit, but what I'm doing doesn't qualify. I don't really know a whole lot about local gov there. Here, there are people on the payroll who just drive around, looking for infractions. Several times they have stopped and noted my shed, but it's permitted. I don't know if they do that there, and it will be visible from the road.
    Here, they just keep fining you, and demand it's removal. Can't afford that with a garage.

Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    No, not yet. Place been empty a yr waiting, needs a bunch of work. This was to be financed by the sale of dad's house, which sister is holding back (left to us both).
    Because of the shop closing, and having to build a garage first, instead of later, and needing money right now, had to hit Ira, spreading that between last month and this month (two yrs, two taxes).
    Hopefully there by summer, depends on several factors. Be doing most of the work myself, don't know how long it will take. Now unemployed, so time aplenty.

Just over 35 acres, it is agricultural. Mostly wooded. Small enough, no permit, but what I'm doing doesn't qualify. I don't really know a whole lot about local gov there. Here, there are people on the payroll who just drive around, looking for infractions. Several times they have stopped and noted my shed, but it's permitted. I don't know if they do that there, and it will be visible from the road.
    Here, they just keep fining you, and demand it's removal. Can't afford that with a garage.

Guess laws are different there. Here, if you are zones Ag, even if you live in a county that requires permits (some counties don't require any at all and some are crazy) you are exempt from permits for your house and all other buildings that could possibly be needed. That includes a house for workers, barns, garages, workshops, cock-a-doodle condo's...you name it. You are so in the wrong state!
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Sniper, we are talking Bottineau, ND, Turtle Mountains, Peace Gardens EH? Gotta flatlander's reunion coming up. I saw the area where you are talking about, a bit east, couple days hike, haven't done the math yet. Don't even know how we're going to work this yet. But it's on the schedule............unless?
    hmmm....

I've always wanted to fish Metagoshi... maybe the little mrs and I can get away for a weekend...
    when's the trip planned for?

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    They don't really care.
    It's about extorting the money.
    Always the money.

It'll work out, this is once. The property tax being only about 1/3 of what I pay now will make up for it.

Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Sorry ladies and gents. I am the first guilty party here. I just discovered this thread and it is already a couple weeks old.

I have been exhausted day and night (I am tired in my dreams) for the past few years. We may have found the cause (may is the keyword here) and I am being treated for it. Hopefully, I will return soon.

I have a ton on of bushcraft on the site's email. Just need to get to it. I am going to try to schedule time in my days for it. No promises.

Thanks to the staff and the readers for keeping this place alive. I will continue to fund it as long as you want it.

We could be a lot bigger, and I would actually earn cash in this venture, if we allowed the bullshit that goes on on other prepping sites, but I am not driven by money and you guys prefer quality conversations. So let's all come back on track and restart this site properly. One thread a week and three thread replies per day, should be enough to start again properly.

I count on you all, and I promise that I will try to do the same myself.

Envoyé de mon SM-T800 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!