Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen, I need your help

Crotch Rocket

Ladies and Gentlemen, I need your help

To be blunt, we're dying here. Seriously. Don't believe me? Look back at the last three months of activity. We've had a smattering of "I did x" posts in "What did you do to prep this week"

We've had 3 weeks since any other thread activity in GD, and only 4 active threads.

Equipment and Basic supplies has seen 3 active threads in the last 3 months, and I started two of them. Nothing in the EDC sub-forum since March. Worse yet, we had a first time poster ask a question, and none of us noticed? I eventually answered his question, but even I missed that. Day-um. Discounting his query and my reply though, there has been no activity in there since October.

Bushcraft has seen one post, total.

Food & Water. It looks like we may be doing slightly better here. 5 active threads, but... one is a spoof. Nothing against that at all, but I want to focus on our prep related content for the moment. The farm and garden subforum saw two of the "4" threads itself, but not since October. The main food index has two more. Only one has been active this month. The next closest was the start of November.

Shelter. 4 threds. Nothing since the end of October.

Medical. 5 threads. Nothing since the end of October.

Transportation. 1 thread. This month. Unfortunately its on my trailer, and on hold unless I share what I plan to buy and add to it.

Communication. Nothing since August.

Weapons. 6 threads. Ok, we like our guns, but there's still been no activity in there for a month.

Money Matters. Nothing since March.

Reviews. Nothing since June.

That sums up the "survival" index of our forum. What should be the meat of the colony. What we thrive on and live for here. Instead, we have the next run of stats...

Town Hall 20 threads. 4 political topics. Currently active.

Intel. 10 threads. 2 confirmed political. Currently active.

Media Center. 1 thread, this month.

Classifieds last saw activity in October.

Stories. 1 thread. Currently active.

The other thing I've noted is a disparity between the like/ thank entries and number of replies in a thread. I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to this, but how much more discussion might we have if we took that option away? Its a route I'm pondering.

I"m also going to say its time to end the political discussion. The twelve or so of us who regularly participate are already well aware of how you think and feel about the election, and politicians in general. Lets move past this again, please.

At the end of the day, we need more content. We've had 23 active threads in 3 months. Of those, 19 have been started within 90 days, 5 from me alone. I like that most of our activity has been in new threads, but how is it only one man is generating fully one fourth of that?

And I have yet to begin trying hard. Just watch, because for my part I'm going to get back to what we started with here. Doing shit. Excelilng at it. My challenge to myself is to get out and do a winter bivouac over the New Year holiday. Pics and review will of course follow. And again ihn April... July... October...

My challenge to all of us is to put more on our main index. Honestly, I don't care how trivial or mundane you think it may be... If its prep related, and you're doing it, I want to see it. In words if you must, but preferably with pictures. I'd like to see more commentary on why you like something, or what you think could be done differently. I want to see some disagreement, dammit! Lol. We need some excitement in this place.

Lets get this bitch rocking, remember to tag the ever living shit out of the new threads, and employ every other trick and technique we can to get the forum showing on search engines. We're all very comfortable bs'ing with each other. We're family, and it shows. But I visit my family on social media sites, and this is more than that.

We are united in common cause. Lets show the world.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    To be blunt, we're dying here. Seriously. Don't believe me? Look back at the last three months of activity. We've had a smattering of "I did x" posts in "What did you do to prep this week"

We've had 3 weeks since any other thread activity in GD, and only 4 active threads.

Equipment and Basic supplies has seen 3 active threads in the last 3 months, and I started two of them. Nothing in the EDC sub-forum since March. Worse yet, we had a first time poster ask a question, and none of us noticed? I eventually answered his question, but even I missed that. Day-um. Discounting his query and my reply though, there has been no activity in there since October.

Bushcraft has seen one post, total.

Food & Water. It looks like we may be doing slightly better here. 5 active threads, but... one is a spoof. Nothing against that at all, but I want to focus on our prep related content for the moment. The farm and garden subforum saw two of the "4" threads itself, but not since October. The main food index has two more. Only one has been active this month. The next closest was the start of November.

Shelter. 4 threds. Nothing since the end of October.

Medical. 5 threads. Nothing since the end of October.

Transportation. 1 thread. This month. Unfortunately its on my trailer, and on hold unless I share what I plan to buy and add to it.

Communication. Nothing since August.

Weapons. 6 threads. Ok, we like our guns, but there's still been no activity in there for a month.

Money Matters. Nothing since March.

Reviews. Nothing since June.

That sums up the "survival" index of our forum. What should be the meat of the colony. What we thrive on and live for here. Instead, we have the next run of stats...

Town Hall 20 threads. 4 political topics. Currently active.

Intel. 10 threads. 2 confirmed political. Currently active.

Media Center. 1 thread, this month.

Classifieds last saw activity in October.

Stories. 1 thread. Currently active.

The other thing I've noted is a disparity between the like/ thank entries and number of replies in a thread. I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to this, but how much more discussion might we have if we took that option away? Its a route I'm pondering.

I"m also going to say its time to end the political discussion. The twelve or so of us who regularly participate are already well aware of how you think and feel about the election, and politicians in general. Lets move past this again, please.

At the end of the day, we need more content. We've had 23 active threads in 3 months. Of those, 19 have been started within 90 days, 5 from me alone. I like that most of our activity has been in new threads, but how is it only one man is generating fully one fourth of that?

And I have yet to begin trying hard. Just watch, because for my part I'm going to get back to what we started with here. Doing shit. Excelilng at it. My challenge to myself is to get out and do a winter bivouac over the New Year holiday. Pics and review will of course follow. And again ihn April... July... October...

My challenge to all of us is to put more on our main index. Honestly, I don't care how trivial or mundane you think it may be... If its prep related, and you're doing it, I want to see it. In words if you must, but preferably with pictures. I'd like to see more commentary on why you like something, or what you think could be done differently. I want to see some disagreement, dammit! Lol. We need some excitement in this place.

Lets get this bitch rocking, remember to tag the ever living shit out of the new threads, and employ every other trick and technique we can to get the forum showing on search engines. We're all very comfortable bs'ing with each other. We're family, and it shows. But I visit my family on social media sites, and this is more than that.

We are united in common cause. Lets show the world.
    I do think a significant part of the recent silence is an attempt at OPSEC. Another part of it is fatigue, watching this miserable parade of events and waiting for the final shoe to drop. Not from eagerness for that shoe to drop, but just to finally have action to react to, information to work with.

Any of the assembled here that is ex-military and ever drew guard duty in CONUS.... what was always, always, always the seemingly longest, dullest part? That last half hour before end of the shift.

For the Love of Cats

To be honest, I have backed off posting and even reading and even logging in lately due to all the political crap. While I do understand it's importance, and it's necessity, I find it very tiresome and blah!

I do have some stuff to add into different threads, but have been procrastinating for personal reasons as well (work, home, books, etc.)

What do you say Ants, lets break out of our winter hibernation a little early and all step up and share what we've been up to.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

I think Keepist hit it pretty close for me. Had a lot going on from a work standpoint since May, then getting crap together for the wife to have her surgery and dealing with that, plus the election drama. I just haven't had it in me to put up much. Not an excuse to be so slack though. I will try and do my part to pick things up, but likely to be after the holidays.
    Lookin forward to seeing what comes up new.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 12-18-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Well for me it is hunting season. Most of my time is spent, working, hunting, or reloading. Nothing going on on the prep side. Hoping to start casting bullets soon, and if/when I do will make a thread on that. Got 5 buckets of wheel weights from our tire shop the other day.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ive been working 60+ hours a week to keep the G0V functioning with my voluntary tax contributions.
    Its only getting worse for me, more and more demands each week. I havent even shot a match in
    6+ months, cause I work 3 out of 4 Saturdays. I dont have time to create original content to post
    on a forum, Ive hardly got time to keep the house in order.

But I do visit when I can because all my bestest friends are here.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Crotch Rocket

Its all good. I realize life happens, I was buried in shit for a while myself. I just want to ensure we all get the best quality experience here that we can in the time we do have available for it.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Lots of overtime for me as well. Still log in daily to keep my ear to the ground, but just a work hours plus Christmas stuff on the side so not a whole lot of time to reflect.

I think things will pick up for a lot of people after the new year.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Wow, I had not realized how much interest and participation had declined. Non participation could have risks to oneself in NOT being up to date or prepared. I am guilty as charged. I really have not had anything to contribute, and like what was said above, we are waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    I for one breathed a sigh of relief at the election results and have lowered myself one DEFCON level. I really did not expect the sane people to be triumphant and have been busy acquiring "things". While my acquisitions may have been slightly overboard I am now ready for a lot more than I thought I would be. So, a lot of good came about.
    Now, I have a suggestion:
    Maybe it would be wise for us to have a MOD (or two) for each forum just to keep it going. Geez, maybe we already do and I never knew it!!
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Bacon saver

Uuuuuh, roger that on all counts, guilty as charged. We can say what ever we want. I know I have had a bunch of projects going on and have gotten into a routine that ends in passing out on the lazy-boy waking up going to bed getting up and doing it all over again. BUT! I have pictures and I need to get off my ass and do some posting of these topics, dirt bike, tractor, dozier and a few rifle builds. I said I was going to do this and dropped the ball, again guilty as charged. SO let's see what I can dish out.................
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.