Thread: Trailers. The addicition is confirmed.

Crotch Rocket

Trailers. The addicition is confirmed.

I just wrapped up a deal here in the cold of winter and the dead of night that was either a moment of sheer brilliance on my part, or utter insanity. I just offloaded my AR and its associated components to my stepdad for a trailer.

Yes.

A trailer.

As if I don't have enough with the two I already own. You know, especially with one nowhere near complete....

Yeeeahhh...

But what a trailer! Lol. I got a 4'x8' dual axle, hydraulic dump box. The damn things are pretty costly, even on the secondary market. I'll share a pic or two after the sun rises tomorrow and I can see to take them.

But wait, there's more!

Even with what one of those trailers cost it would have been a definite case of insanity to part with my favorite rifle for it alone. This was just one part of this deal, and a larger plan overall, because I also took possession of a Honda Fourtrax 250, with plow blade, and a Ford Taurus station wagon. Near as I can tell, we broke pretty even in this deal.

Where it gets really interesting for me is with, of all things, the Taurus. My one lament with my truck has been that it gets no better gas mileage than a full size pickup, and has 60% of the cargo capacity. With this trade deal I can sell my little Ranger, buy a full size truck, and still have enough cash left to replace the rifle if I choose. I may not. I'm going to explore some other options for a primary firearm.

In the mean time, its not like I"m hurting for long guns, either. Lol.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Here it is. By the way, I was incorrect on dimensions. Its actually 5'x 8'

Group photo
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

What is the weight rating for the dump trailer? Looks pretty substantale. Is that a storage box on the front?

Crotch Rocket

I don't know the weight rating yet. When I see my uncle agian I'll ask him. It was originally his, and will be easier than trying to find a tag under all that snow. The tongue box houses the hydraulic pump.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Do you have a robot?
    I've been looking for a dump trailer for a while. On the secondary market they do not last long. The one thing I have found is if you get a gas operated one instead of a battery operated hydraulics it works so much better. I have three trailers and its not a problem, I do not have to attend meetings and my wife thinks they belong to other people so I'm good.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Crotch Rocket

I don't have to attend meetings either? I didn't know this addiction was a problem. Does it only qualify as one when you have to hide your buys? Maybe you should be attending some meetings, realist. I believe they're called "auctions" when it comes to trailers, though. Good luck finding one.

Mine is battery operated. For the price and how often I'll be using it this should be just fine, but gas powered anything usually kicks the crap out of anything electric.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I don't have to attend meetings either? I didn't know this addiction was a problem. Does it only qualify as one when you have to hide your buys? Maybe you should be attending some meetings, realist. I believe they're called "auctions" when it comes to trailers, though. Good luck finding one.

Mine is battery operated. For the price and how often I'll be using it this should be just fine, but gas powered anything usually kicks the crap out of anything electric.
    Except for toothbrushes, I like mine electric. The gas fumes make me woozy.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Crotch Rocket

You might be on to something there, but I may still argue on the principle of inadequate ventilation being the issue, and not the capability of the toothbrush. I
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!