Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let me tell ya about my Bulldozer.......

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Flash forward......I decided to replace fuel filters and I am greeted by this blackish brown oozing tar..........oh it's not just there.

It's in every fuckin part of the fuel system including the tank. I pulled the drain from the tank and let it ooze and bake in the sun for two weeks till it stopped......for the most part.....as far as I can see.

I tried every solvent under the sun to try and cut this stuff and nothing seemed to work. I had plenty of "test ooze" to try it out on that's for sure. Well I finally found something that worked, I tell ya later, I'm not running outside to go read the label, but wallyworld sells it. Soooooooo, I blew out all the lines as best I could, cleaned out the little valve in the injector pump that was stuck so I can get fuel to turn on and off. I cleaned every fricken thing out as best I could. Then I got out my biggest favorite syringe and started squirting diesel fuel into every fucking line and orifice I could find till I thought it couldn't take no more.

Then came the fun part, priming that pump, that's just getting fuel to the filters, well I filled them and I back filled the line to the tank so this should be to hard right? Well I pretty much wore my knuckle down to the bone pumpin that stupid thing.........finally got those primed. Then get it to the other side of the dozier.....right. I put a gatorade jug on the end of the line before it got the the injector pump..........wait for it.............OK I'm bleeding again now......same place........OK, we are squirting fuel, books arrive. Seems I'm on the right track, It says you can't pull start a bull dozier in the "Operators Manual"

OK I'm supposed to start crankin the motor now...........I crack the lines at the injectors. Need to have power to that wire on the injector pump dude...........opens the fuel........Well I can only get a few tries on this monster before things heat up.......battery cable, starter, everything..........so now the fun begins of going back and forth with the battery from the shop to the dozier, re-charging.........more to follow...........oh it gets better.........eventually
    The blackish brown stuff looks like algae that can grow in the diesel fuel tank which is not good. Maybe need to drain the tank or tanks and flush them and install new fuel.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Bacon saver

OK, so you guys ready for me to continue my class of instruction? Mind you this ain't Engrish, it's Bulldozer 101!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Git 'er done!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Yes please ; Oh Mighty Lord of the dozer.

Bacon saver

OK, so the fun began of try to start this thing (priming) first it from the tank to the filters. That stupid little hand pump on the fuel pump is so close to the frame I wore a nice hole in my knuckle. POS. Finally got it to squirt out of both filters. Then across to the other side to the injector pump, squirted into my gatorade bottle, good! Now hook it backup to the injector pump, now start cranking right? Make sure I got power to solenoid to valve is open. Crack injector lines.......crank......crank.......I could only get about 8 or 10 (maybe) good turns/tries before wearing the battery down. Then I'd have to pull it walk it to the shop put it on the charger wait a few days and try it again. This went on for about two weeks. I primed the return line too. Hey, I was doing all this on the fly, THEN the books arrived...............the "operators manual" ..........what was I doing wrong? Uhhhhhhh, NOTHING! and thenn it started chuggin this one day! Bam! she fired up and I got all lines bled out and she's purrin like a kittin! YEE-FUCKIN HAW!

Well..........there is one little thing in the book that's kinda difficult when you are doing this little operation. It says, "with your foot on the clutch" and just how the fuck was I supposed to do that? Well it supposed to take all the load off the motor because it's turning the tranny or something. Anyway I got the damn thing started, I ran through the whole thing while it was running crackin this line and that wiping diesel here and there till all was GTG.

Also during the running back and forth process I managed to preserve the battery compartment, it was in ruff shape. Get to it while you can.

Next will be how I adjusted the steering clutches and brakes........................
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Outstanding ! River Rat. Waiting for your next update.
    You got this brother ; the dozer doesn't know who it's up against.

Do you have a robot?
    I gotta hand it to you you're persistent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.