Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
Flash forward......I decided to replace fuel filters and I am greeted by this blackish brown oozing tar..........oh it's not just there.

It's in every fuckin part of the fuel system including the tank. I pulled the drain from the tank and let it ooze and bake in the sun for two weeks till it stopped......for the most part.....as far as I can see.

I tried every solvent under the sun to try and cut this stuff and nothing seemed to work. I had plenty of "test ooze" to try it out on that's for sure. Well I finally found something that worked, I tell ya later, I'm not running outside to go read the label, but wallyworld sells it. Soooooooo, I blew out all the lines as best I could, cleaned out the little valve in the injector pump that was stuck so I can get fuel to turn on and off. I cleaned every fricken thing out as best I could. Then I got out my biggest favorite syringe and started squirting diesel fuel into every fucking line and orifice I could find till I thought it couldn't take no more.

Then came the fun part, priming that pump, that's just getting fuel to the filters, well I filled them and I back filled the line to the tank so this should be to hard right? Well I pretty much wore my knuckle down to the bone pumpin that stupid thing.........finally got those primed. Then get it to the other side of the dozier.....right. I put a gatorade jug on the end of the line before it got the the injector pump..........wait for it.............OK I'm bleeding again now......same place........OK, we are squirting fuel, books arrive. Seems I'm on the right track, It says you can't pull start a bull dozier in the "Operators Manual"

OK I'm supposed to start crankin the motor now...........I crack the lines at the injectors. Need to have power to that wire on the injector pump dude...........opens the fuel........Well I can only get a few tries on this monster before things heat up.......battery cable, starter, everything..........so now the fun begins of going back and forth with the battery from the shop to the dozier, re-charging.........more to follow...........oh it gets better.........eventually
The blackish brown stuff looks like algae that can grow in the diesel fuel tank which is not good. Maybe need to drain the tank or tanks and flush them and install new fuel.