Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning from what others are going through.

Bacon saver

Well I gotta concur with the rest of you guys and the "kids" situation. We might have "smart" kids, but they aren't as savvy as we'd like them to be. Sure mine grew up with with the "basic" tools in the tool box but when they leave the nest tools have a tendency to get scattered in the garage of their new digs. Trying to steer them back on the "desired" course of your choosing is the hard part. You try not to interfere without upsetting the cart. It's a tactical situation a parent must carefully weigh when attempting to correct their offspring's course to get them back on the track YOU desire. But careful you steer them into a squall and they loose their way.

Just my roll-a-quarters.

Mine just split up with her EOD boyfriend...........I'm happy............immature, and not "man enough" for my baby girl. Nuff said. I didn't tell her until "after" now she knows and she agrees. When asked why I didn't tell her before, I said, "Hey, you wouldn't listen to me anyway and you have stayed with him in spite", she disagreed of course. But somehow everything worked out. All is well in the kingdom. BUT...........I wouldn't have let it go that far before I voiced my opinion. She fixed it herself, smart kid.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Do you have a robot?
    Sometimes you gotta leave them alone and let them make their own decisions.........however only with proper supervision��
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Not to mention, the economy has been propped up for how long?
    Let it fall and blame it on trump, to regain control in 4yrs?

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Well I gotta concur with the rest of you guys and the "kids" situation. We might have "smart" kids, but they aren't as savvy as we'd like them to be. Sure mine grew up with with the "basic" tools in the tool box but when they leave the nest tools have a tendency to get scattered in the garage of their new digs. Trying to steer them back on the "desired" course of your choosing is the hard part. You try not to interfere without upsetting the cart. It's a tactical situation a parent must carefully weigh when attempting to correct their offspring's course to get them back on the track YOU desire. But careful you steer them into a squall and they loose their way.

Just my roll-a-quarters.

Mine just split up with her EOD boyfriend...........I'm happy............immature, and not "man enough" for my baby girl. Nuff said. I didn't tell her until "after" now she knows and she agrees. When asked why I didn't tell her before, I said, "Hey, you wouldn't listen to me anyway and you have stayed with him in spite", she disagreed of course. But somehow everything worked out. All is well in the kingdom. BUT...........I wouldn't have let it go that far before I voiced my opinion. She fixed it herself, smart kid.
    So....you have a daughter your lookin to get married of to a real man...hmmmmm....I'm single...to bad I'm not man enough either.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    So....you have a daughter your lookin to get married of to a real man...hmmmmm....I'm single...to bad I'm not man enough either.
    Oh no you didn't. Meet me on the bank of the Elk..........we ain't fishin. "You're killin me Smalls"
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.