Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning from what others are going through.

Do you have a robot?

Learning from what others are going through.

I have read about what Selco went through with the Balkan War of the 1990s http://shtfschool.com/ ). He is a good source of what if scenarios. However, I do not see the US going through a civil war or any type of internal conflict which is not already going on. Then there is Ferfal (http://ferfal.blogspot.com/ ) who lived through the collapse in Argentina around 2001. All good locations for you are looking for ideas on different scenarios This does not mean something like this cannot happen on a limited basis such as a major earthquake or hurricane. I just think as people who prepare can learn by what is going on in other countries. These articles are from the main new organizations not one of the conspiracy organizations. The important thing is this is current, its going on now.

If you take a look at Venezuela here you had a wealthy country fall into poverty due to policies and out right theft, $11 Billion over a ten-year period. The thing which amazes me is you would think $11 billion would be easy to track if you wanted to look for it, but I don’t think anyone is….
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ve...llapse-n674051
    In this second article they talk about the borders being closed, keeping anyone from leaving the country. In this second article if you watch the video there are a lot of people who are buying just toilet paper. One thing I thought was interesting was one guy, who is a business owner, flew to the US to visit his relatives in NY and on the way stops at Disney Land, WTF. Then it goes on to say his son had been sick and needed penicillin but he could not find it in any of the pharmacies. It wasn’t until a friend gave him some that his son got well. Now he is stocking up, I would think I would have forgone my trip to Disney Land.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/28/news...ing-food-home/
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Bacon saver

What he said, I mean just cause Trump got elected doesn't mean that the threat is over. "Well define threat, smart ass" ........a threat can be any damn thing that disrupts your normal fricken routine of happiness. That to me is a threat. The threat of terrorism is just as strong as it was the day before he got elected, those seeds were planted long ago. Mother nature can wreak havoc at any damn time she pleases and does so on a consistent basis. SO we don't change our routine people..............CARRY ON!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    What he said, I mean just cause Trump got elected doesn't mean that the threat is over. "Well define threat, smart ass" ........a threat can be any damn thing that disrupts your normal fricken routine of happiness. That to me is a threat. The threat of terrorism is just as strong as it was the day before he got elected, those seeds were planted long ago. Mother nature can wreak havoc at any damn time she pleases and does so on a consistent basis. SO we don't change our routine people..............CARRY ON!

not only has Trump's election NOT killed off many possible SHTFs - the probability on some have increased - simply because Trump intends to take action instead of re-labeling into some harmless sounding category and avoiding the conflict ....

you think these illegal criminals - especially the Cartel - is going to roll over - The Trump Wall is cutting into their overall biz big time - you could eazily see all out war in some of the barrios

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Not to mention, the economy has been propped up for how long?
    Let it fall and blame it on trump, to regain control in 4yrs?

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Bacon saver

Exactly, we ain't out of the woods yet. To many variables, don't like the interest rates going up, interfering with my plans right now. Need to buy, need to sell........somebody needs to sell me that bitchin piece of property I'm lookin for right now.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Exactly, we ain't out of the woods yet. To many variables, don't like the interest rates going up, interfering with my plans right now. Need to buy, need to sell........somebody needs to sell me that bitchin piece of property I'm lookin for right now.
    Exactly BWR. If anything we're deeper into the shit than before. As long as Dems. were in control their cannon fodder groups were on a loose leash because they believed their plan was coming to completion and they would control all of us.
    Our people stayed calm and lived 8 years under their rules even while they tore shit up. Now that Trump is in they see and know a lot of their free shit could come to an end. This in itself alone is the reason we're seeing an uptick in all areas and the leash will finally come off and they will try to grab back the power in anyway they can.

Now is the time to be even more vigilant than before. If anything we have to up our game ; head on 24 hour swivel ; 6th. sense in over drive. They see Trump as pure evil against their agenda and they and T.P.T.B. cannot have this no matter the cost. So beef up all you can ; get that property and River Rat the hell out of it so that you ; Ladyhawk and your group can survive along with the other Ant groupings where ever they locate.
    As for me & mine we'll do what we can with cards we're dealt. The main goal is for you younger ones to stay alive so as to restore order when the day comes if ever. My greatest task is making sure our youngest daughter 32 years old is in a safe place. As for the wife and I we'll be there in the end if possible but daughter and younger ones come first.

Just my 2 cents

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    Exactly BWR. If anything we're deeper into the shit than before. As long as Dems. were in control their cannon fodder groups were on a loose leash because they believed their plan was coming to completion and they would control all of us.

Our people stayed calm and lived 8 years under their rules even while they tore shit up. Now that Trump is in they see and know a lot of their free shit could come to an end. This in itself alone is the reason we're seeing an uptick in all areas and the leash will finally come off and they will try to grab back the power in anyway they can.

Now is the time to be even more vigilant than before. If anything we have to up our game ; head on 24 hour swivel ; 6th. sense in over drive. They see Trump as pure evil against their agenda and they and T.P.T.B. cannot have this no matter the cost. So beef up all you can ; get that property and River Rat the hell out of it so that you ; Ladyhawk and your group can survive along with the other Ant groupings where ever they locate.

As for me & mine we'll do what we can with cards we're dealt. The main goal is for you younger ones to stay alive so as to restore order when the day comes if ever. My greatest task is making sure our youngest daughter 32 years old is in a safe place. As for the wife and I we'll be there in the end if possible but daughter and younger ones come first.

Just my 2 cents
    As long as they are 95% copper instead of 97.5% zinc.

Has to be said, I for once ain't the pessimist trumpeting (oh dear, a pun) this stuff. That said, it's just about dead on with what I've had clawing up my back and neck ever since election night...especially when Rodham sent her flunky out instead of having the class to concede personally. That in itself was unsettling.

My transfer to TN is not only a final homage to my late friend's excellent intel and analysis of the area, but that I'd be getting to an area that is far more open to this groups' mindset re: prep AND the above riverrat/Eagle sentiments.

This isn't a Mao "must always have something to struggle against" thing, nor "bitter clingers"... It's that the S has -not yet- HTF... The potentials have not changed except possibly for a bit worse, as the FSA bunches are about to find out when their goodies dry up.

Regrettably the folks that have been propping all this up see that Khruschev was right..."There is a kind of quality in large enough quantities." Most of these yayhoos are out of shape to the point that they couldn't survive a SHTF event even if they had access to enough supplies. But there are so MANY of them that they will commit atrocious infrastructural damage while dying.

The lesser number, hard core types are the ones to fear. Their major disadvantage will be that their moves are mostly geared to operating in urban situations where they know all the ground. I feel much sympathy for the Amish and Mennonite populations that these will have access to, as their policy of pacifism will get them and theirs pillaged, enslaved, raped and killed.

Well, I've shot my mouth off for a bit here.

38 AAWU

KESEPHIST

It's always better to learn from the mistakes and experiences of others than having to re-invent the wheel and learn the hard way from your own mistakes. That applies no matter who is in the White House. It's pretty much why I added a sub-category to my prep document collection that deals solely with the collected experiences of other prep folks that I have found recounted on various forums, as well as the AARs to government actions following major disaster recovery efforts......

Bacon saver

The one thing I do try to do is let people know that I have usually broke it first or at least tried to before I would recommend it. Much less go spouting my big mouth off about something.

"you can't put anything on the internet unless it's true"

Do you have a robot?
    I agree with Eagle I am now trying to help get my kids more in order. They are definitely on board but aren't yet as established in their careers yet. My son is now trying to buy a house so we are helping him with the purchase. My daughter is going into nursing and we are helping out as much as possible. Both of them are squared away but just beginning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.