Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scuba

Bacon saver

Yup, they only come inland during the cold months and we haven't had any. I took my daughter when she was about 7-8 with her best buddy over to Crystal River. I think we used "Scotty's" or Capt. Scott" something like that. We had great luck it was just us on the boat. We hung out with a cow and calf at the spring and then ran across a few that were hanging out in an area of where the channels came together so I bailed over the side. The kids wouldn't get in cause they couldn't see the bottom. I got caught in a manatee sandwich, it was horrible, I was never the same since.................actually they said I was laughing pretty hard through my snorkle. They probably thought I was a dolphin............no wonder.

Oh well, don't know if that will be in your egress route.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

A friend recommended one in Tampa.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Bacon saver

Cool, I know we did an over nighter there at the marina. The restaurant had an outstanding french onion soup! Now this was almost 20yrs ago. No telling what's happened since then.

Just go have fun while you can, hell go cave diving!....................OK, maybe you're not ready for that one yet. Training.

Not interested in diving in confined spaces. I am claustrophobic.

A friend of mine loves cave diving....crazy SOB. I don't do caves that are dry, scuba diving in one is way the hell beyond anything I'd ever do..

And I've jumped out of perfectly adequate aircraft, ejected out of one that wasn't, climbed very tall mountains, done mixed gas diving (to very deep depths)...I just don't do caves.

Bacon saver

My first checkout dive was at Alexander Springs in Florida..........I was doomed ever since, I did caves up in Montana when I was younger got hooked then but underwater? OH, it was over for me, hey the dive shop had Mastodon bones that were recovered from caves, shark's teeth, all sorts of stuff! The owner was Hal Watts, he was the cave diving guru back then.

Airplanes! Once, that was enough for me. Yeah there's something about falling, you guys can talk shit all you want. I have my limits. I did my 20/20's out of helos over the deep blue, that's fine, jumped from boat booms, eh, but a perfectly good aircraft? There better be a good fuckin reason is all I have to say.

Actually never did the mixed gas thing after these years, never had the need I guess.

There is no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft.....At best they are perfectly adequate.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    There is no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft.....At best they are perfectly adequate.
    As long as the plane or Huey got us to the drop zone was all we cared about. If not we'd just jump early I guess.

Been a helicopter mechanic for lots of years, and the aircraft is always more reliable than the pilot.

And any aircrew or mechanic that can't find something wrong isn't doing their job