Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scuba

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Always something wrong with everything if you look hard enough. But not flight safety items. Very few crashes are because the aircraft failed. 90%+ is pilot.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

90% get blamed on the pilot because they can't figure any other reason.

Not true, at least not anymore. Everything is monitored. We fly many thousands of hours a month and I can't remember the last time a mechanical item caused a crash. We have had pilots run out of fuel, fly into zero visibility, land in water because a rotor tach failed, he actually killed a running engine because he got a light, had a pilot land a 76 in the water because the auto pilot failed. These where all pilot error. I can go on and on with this list.

Bacon saver

Being Navy, I can attest to that..............but then again, we have had "mechanical" failures as well. Watching one fail and splash and then go in to "recover" is no fun to clean up as well. Seen rotors come apart, bird trying to make it back to the barn, and didn't. Out at sea there's no where to go but these little bitty flight decks when you get into trouble, like making a bad judgement call. Same goes for those platforms, or maybe sustaining a little gunfire from a little camel shit in the desert.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Premium Member
    Songbird and I have logged many dives in open water and caves. I will say getting cave certified is a different world than open water. Did y'all know that Florida is the cave diving capital of the world? We've dove the Cayman islands, Bonaire, Mexico, FL Keys, Gulf of Mexico, Puerto Rico to name a few. We also took our youngest son to Crystal River several times and luckily found a mom and calf manatee to swim with...what a great experience! :-) Have fun and be safe!
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

We are going snorkel in Tampa Saturday to swim with manatee

For the Love of Cats

not exactly 'cave diving' but I have been 2500' inside a 16" pipe, and have been 6+ miles into a 10' aquaduct...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'm glad there are people who will willingly do such crazy things - else someone might want me to do them.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    not exactly 'cave diving' but I have been 2500' inside a 16" pipe, and have been 6+ miles into a 10' aquaduct...
    I did slide up inside the intake of this giant jet drive of a "high speed catamaran"once. I had to clear out over 600' of line that got sucked up in there. That was a mess, my only fear was someone turning that thing on and me turning into chum. There's a story that goes along with that but I can't go into detail. Doesn't qualify as a "Shawshank" dive that's for sure.
    Hoo-Yah, Sniper!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.