Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scuba

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Damn that is a lot. I got just over a hour.
    I used to be a commercial diver... I worked underwater for a living. adds up the hours mighty quick!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Ahh, I see. Me being Navy (not Navy Diver), I know that being a workin diver takes all the fun out of it. Me I jumped at the chance for work, I'm a junk diver, I always have one eye on the ground. Brought home a thing or two over the years and a story or two. My kid was just down in Mexico (cruise) and was supposed to go diving while they were there. The storm was so bad they were to even pull in, dives were canceled. Too bad, great water down there off the Yucatan. Sorry she didn't get to experience it.

Note to Helo..........Don't go fuckin spear fishing off that rig and get your ass tangled up and stuck there like a scuba mummy against one of the pilings.
    Pick your prey wisely and don't bite off more than you can chew. (the bigger they are the farther they will drag you)
    Always have a "dinner bell".......... meaning? Have a weighted line attached to a bell topside. To hook your fish to, they haul it it you shoot another one and they drop it back down for your next fish. Keeps the blood out of the water. Well, at least that's how we did it............
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Would love to go do that one day.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

Just remember... mermaids are mammals, not fish
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

I've been a sand crab for the last ten years......................one does get "sea sick" from time to time.

Bacon saver

So I know you guys have to be planning a dive somewhere right?

Bacon saver

I just saw on some channel where they "commercialized" the sea bottom again. OK, some of the best visibility and reef, sea life I have seen has been off the Yucatan peninsula. We anchored in about 60ft off of Isla Mujeres, a little island off the north eastern tip back in 97. The water was so clear I could see the anchor and the chain when we dropped and set the hook. Capt. wanted to know how I could tell so soon, I said, "Cause I can see it." A buddy and I dove right off the ship and did some selective fishing, rigged the "dinner bell" did a fish fry on the fantail for the duty section, GROUPER!

My point.......Oh yeah, well they put all sorts of sculptures on the bottom now somewhere off the Island for people to go dive on. Like what's the big deal about that? I never went diving to look at junk someone put down there. I go diving for food, exploration and TREASURE, artifacts and what nots. It's just being in the other world and becoming one of the fishes for 30 to 40 minutes is worth it. Face to face with any of these creatures that out weigh you is always a treat.

OK bottom line, the island is trying to draw in tourists now with underwater sculptures, big damn deal, that's junk! That's not Greek amphora's that were laying there from a ship wreck a 1000 years ago like in the Med. That's history! Yes, it can be dove on, Port Royal, Jamaica had an earthquake in the 1640's I want to say and half the town slid into the sea, it's still there, it's diveable...........with permission from the government. But hey these are the kinda dives that I like, shipwrecks, caves, etc.

Shipwrecks are not junk..............

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    So I know you guys have to be planning a dive somewhere right?
    We did have some dives planned, but the wife got bronchitis. She is feeling better, but we just did some snorkeling till she is ready. Hopefully next weekend. Then the following weekend we are hoping to go snorkle with the manatee in Tampa on our way home.

Bacon saver

DO IT, do it all while ya can!

Going to depend on weather. If it is warm, the manatee will not be in the area.