Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scotus

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Scotus

President Trump has named his pick for the Supreme Court, now we can watch the festivities as the left lose their collective minds, and self destruct even more. Gorsuch is an excellent pick, very much in the mold of Justice Scalia. The Dems will have a hard time justifying not confirming, as they unanimously approved him for the 10th District court.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

the real news that's being circulated is that this is only the first SCOTUS appointment Trump has this year - rumor is that Ginsberg or one of the other ancients that have been hanging on forever - will be retiring in June ....

if true - it's almost a certainty that there could be upwards of 3-4 Trump appointments in the next 8 years ....

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Justice Kennedy had announced he may retire, Ginsberg will die in office, as long as a Republican holds the presidency, she is a committed liberal. President Trump will remold the court during his tenure in office. The Dems are between a rock and a hard place right now concerning the court. If they go to bitter, they will lose more seats in the Senate, perhaps giving the Republicans a super majority come the mid-term elections.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

For the Love of Cats

yadda yadda yadda...

gobledegook....

wyf? what does this mean for the rest of us?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

may be in trouble

It means a lot of Obama-era legislating from the High Court may end up getting overturned, and those worthies getting put on notice that theirs is INTERPRET law, not MAKE it. AND that the next wave of Justices will actually have been JUDGES before, and will be selected for their ability to stick to the Constitution, instead of EEOC quota points.

Some of the other nets I frequent make mention that the former tiebreaker, O'Connor, was conservative pragmatically... "pragmatic" being when manila envelopes were either tardy or inadequately filled. And that Chief Roberts likely has a dead-man's letter explaining his conduct under Obamacare... probably HE received a envelope... of 9x12s of his family and a nice note along the lines of "Be a shame if something happened to them. Back Obamacare."

I would not, will not, and do not feel like relaxing. When some of the friction that bho supported gets quenched to where it can't light a firestorm that would lead to the events we prep for, THEN I will relax a little. Not before. Regaining a legitimate High Court is a start. (A mandatory retirement age of 80 would be a help too; the Founders trusted THEIR Justices to know to retire. Then, too, 80 to them, then, would have been like 100 is now)

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Justice Gorsuch seems like an excellent choice for the nomination. Its shaping up to be an interesting presidential term.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Bacon saver

Like I said I'll st back and watch, so far I'm enjoying myself. Here's a guy that's doing "so far" pretty much everything he said he was going to do. Some folks did not expect that and it's really putting a list in their love boat, so far that it dipped the life boats and they lost half of them. Sucks to be them...........keep on truckin and be on your guard. At's all I got to say about that.

But hey, great comments by all!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

Illi, the possible 3-4 seats was the kicker on me voting for Trump.

Gorsuch appears to be a conservative by all accounts. And with him getting a 100% confirmation as a federal judge, it's gonna be hard for the dems to come down too hard on him. IMO a great choice for Trumps first pick. Like most everything else he has done so far, seems he is three moves ahead of the dems and MSN at every step, to use a chess metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Illi, the possible 3-4 seats was the kicker on me voting for Trump.

Gorsuch appears to be a conservative by all accounts. And with him getting a 100% confirmation as a federal judge, it's gonna be hard for the dems to come down too hard on him. IMO a great choice for Trumps first pick. Like most everything else he has done so far, seems he is three moves ahead of the dems and MSN at every step, to use a chess metaphor.

Gorsuch is even more to the right than just conservative - he's a no frills Constitutionist - he doesn't believe in reading into and adjusting the Constitution to fit what the latest heartbeat is demanding ...

if Goruch gets another conservative judge to swing the majority - something like 2A Rights will get another & final SCOTUS ruling - that'll kill off all the current BS laws that the individual states are using to screw citizens - CA gun laws would all be eliminated ....

if Congress & Trump sign in a nationwide CCW law - the challenge will go all the way to SCOTUS for judgement .... the entire 2A Right could be reviewed and finally defined ....

I'll most likely shit myself

I read yesterday a story about whether or not Ginsberg health is good right now and the left freaking out over her not getting out while obutthead was in charge. She has had both pancreatic and colon cancer in the past. She even went to sleep during the inauguration, and it didn't last very long.