Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Nuked Jupiter....yup, sure did.

Bacon saver

We Nuked Jupiter....yup, sure did.

OCT03 a dark spot on Jupiter appeared it was observed by an amateur astronomer. Turns out it was the Galileo space craft (probe) which was powered by a plutonium reactor. NASA crashed it into Jupiter, hence nuclear bomb........turns out that wasn't the dark spot but we did in fact detonate a "nuclear bomb" in the atmosphere of Jupiter.

"Right, but what does all that mean." (English accent)

Well I'll tell you what that means............do we know who lives there? Have you seen Independence Day? Hello.......can you say "Alien Invasion", "You drew first blood", how many ways do I got to put this? What are fuckin stupid?

Well that's the space business, "we didn't just want it flying around in space, ya know"

So, why am I telling you this? I don't know I'm still working on our plans for our colony on the moon.

Or you could read this..............http://www.enterprisemission.com/NukingJupiter.html
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Actually....no.

The nuclear power plant was two radioisotope thermal generators, which use Pu-238, not the fast fission Pu-239...not a bomb at all.

Bacon saver

Dear God man, tell me please, what happened next? Some sort of nuclear fart? (sarcasm) I just needed a topic of discussion this morning. I'm open to your opinion. Me, I'm still workin on my little rockets in the back yard. Trying to hit a one inch dot at two hundred yards with a projectile that's .30 of an inch is a lot easier than hitting Jupiter with a little probe. I mean really, they got pictures too.

Look at it this way, you don't go air dropping nuclear waste/shit in someone Else's backyard. You don't know if someone lives there, just because we can't doesn't mean some freakish foreign life can't. "Hey, let's see what happens when we do this!" Uuuuh, yeah, I watch movies man, one of these days we're going to poke the wrong life form in the eye and Yup, "Soylent Green" man.......just sayin.

may be in trouble

Not to worry... the 22 cometary fragments of Shoemaker-Levy 9 that crashed into Jupiter were much larger and going much faster... They made some hours-long holes in the Jovian sky and closed over. Three or four of those hitting earth would have probably tripped a K-T extinction event.

Oddly enough, the Galileo spacecraft had a probe on it designed to drop into the atmosphere, battery powered. When it was found that some of the Jovian satellites could conceivably support life, Galileo was deorbited into Jupiter to burn up and prevent possible bacterial contamination if it was crashed onto one of these moons.

Me, I think they only needed to guide it into the Jupiter-Io flux tube to destroy or sterilize it... think of a thousands of miles long containmentless microwave oven between Io and Jupiter.

Kesephist

One of them hitting the earth would have triggered an ELEE. The one that hit in Mexico is estimated to have been only 10km (6mi) in diameter... http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/sl9/back3.html

Oh, and one of these days, another will hit the earth again.

For the Love of Cats

BWRR, you need to relax!

Everyone knows that Jupiter is inhabited by a bunch of short peaceful cat loving Felanoids...

Seriously, how much trouble could they possibly be?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

"I" need to relax, these guys are already bombing us with asteroids!

OK, the Mexican crater "Yucatan tip", "Bay of Campeche", yup I wanna dive Scorpion reef (Arrecife Alacranes) they have a lot of shipwrecks and blue holes of a sort. I could get into major trouble there makin off with goodies and what nots. ......................

Cat People from Jupiter, seen the movie. We all become enslaved, most of us were fed to the cats and cat people, or turned into..........wait for it............Soylent Green! Had to feed the slaves, we never recovered, sad ending.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Man if some stranger read this without knowing yall, they would think we are bat shit crazy.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

Hell I do know yall (well to some degree) and I know we are bat shit crazy!

CC Gray Panther
    Remember son ; I told you in a post a while back that Grumpus Maximus & I are the only 2 sane ants in the colony.