Thread: S.O.E. ; Your thoughts

CC Gray Panther

S.O.E. ; Your thoughts

Special Operations Equipment builds military rigs and such. Bucoo people praise the ruggedness of his products.
    Stumbled upon his site a while back and watched some of his videos with customer complaints. Plus the making of products and why they're made a certain way.

My question to my fellow and lady ants is:

1- Would you deal with this guy
    2- What do you think of his business practice

I have no skin in the game ; was just wondering what your thoughts are.

Thanks

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

It's good stuff. If it's not on the website marked available, it's not available. He's kinda a jerk, but I'm pretty sure the business made him that way. People suck.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bacon saver

Can't say I have a ruling. Checked out the site...........OK, he's got stuff, never been to his site and the first thing I see is "combat cocks" ...............must have issues. Must be me but I look for more practical gear, if they're peddling a bunch of tacticool then I usually move along.

Combat cocks huh.....................hey, I got bored, but never that bored. It's a new inbreed out there boys................
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Can't say I have a ruling. Checked out the site...........OK, he's got stuff, never been to his site and the first thing I see is "combat cocks" ...............must have issues. Must be me but I look for more practical gear, if they're peddling a bunch of tacticool then I usually move along.

Combat cocks huh.....................hey, I got bored, but never that bored. It's a new inbreed out there boys................

Totally agree River Rat. He seems to as you say pander to the tacticool crowd. The prices seem a tad bit high and I as you thought gear from my era and beyond would work just as well at a far better price. As to the combat cocks I have no idea and probably don't want to know.
    Also noticed a lot of bravado talk and disrespect to women . Yet his followers and buyers seem to enjoy this type of behavior and partake of it themselves.

I begrudge not the man and his way of making money but just seems contrary to my up bringing.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I'm pretty sure the combat cocks were the result of boredom playing with scrap material, and for some reason people wanted them. If you're using a chest rig or belt every day, his gear is REALLY GOOD, but there's other gear that's slightly less expensive that will do as well. I've never paid much attention to his antics, but I've used one of his shotgun rigs, and it was awesome.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bacon saver

Yeah, I know BTDT talked like that, sure to a pint......er ah point, well you get me. But there's a time and a place for "comrade-re", eh, whatever.

Back to topic................form, fit, function.......mission specific.......wallet, need I say more?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Checked the site out, sorry to say the prices are too high. It may be good quality, but GI equipment can be had a lot cheaper. I don't intend to be in my combat rig forever so I'll pass on this guy's stuff.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

I'm sure the gear is made well, some of the camo patterns used would suggest tacticool but whatever. I do think I'll be ordering the visor cover if he ever makes them again. Been searching for something to organize some of my clutter in my console and placing it in more easy to reach places.

Administrator

His gear is priced high but it is quality.The wait time on it is crazy but IMO worth it.

His tactics are unorthodox. I think its his way at curb stomping self entitlement mall ninjas and the customer is always right mantra.

His work ethic is one people need to mirror.

Work hard, make good shit, people will buy your shit. In the end, he's flush with cash and his haters make him even more money.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I've checked out his gear before... Industrial made (saying it would hold up) but so does most military gear, even the standard mil spec gear works. I'm not a big fan of his prices though. I've got some of that stuff laying around waiting to have another 'meet and greet'...lol
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.