Thread: Little Stinkers

Bacon saver

Little Stinkers

Well, the dog got blasted again the other week by a skunk. So this is what, 3-4 times between the 2 dogs in the past 2yrs. What's with these damn dogs you'd think they'd learn? Well LadyHK found a recipe that works, a combination of baking soda, dawn dish soap and hydrogen peroxide. Yup, it actually neutralized the funk. Talked to the neighbor and she had spotted "said stinker" a few times moving back and forth between our property and theirs. This shit always seems to happen in the middle of the night...........hmmmmmmm? OK, so we have all the storms blowing through this morning and I crack the blind to see how much time I got to get my chores done before I get drenched...........HAH! Guess who's in the front yard? So I ran to the front porch opened the door, he looked up at me and I gave him the "Rat's Eye of Death" stare. Works every time, they just fall right over dead. It only works at short distances though.

BUT STIIIIIIINNNK! Fresh dead Pepe le pew is rich, I forgot how thick it is, man that shit hangs like glue in the air.
    Well let this be a lesson for ya, the wind is blasting this morning and finding the proper point of approach for taggin and baggin was fun, the wind shifts and BAM! HOOO Baby! Run away! Anyway I sent it downstream, let the buzzards eat it later. Now I hope that's the only one we have to worry about.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Could've had someone make a hat with tail like Davy Crockett and sent it to Domeguy as a present. Just sayin'.

Bacon saver

Had a buddy up in great lakes that made his into a helmet, looked pretty cool goin down the road, his wife had a hard time with the tail though. Actually I had a fleeting thought....the pelt was gorgeous big heavy white strip down the middle, kinda small though. BUT funk was way to much. I recently did a deer hide, that turned out nice. It was the first one I ever did so I wasn't going to get into it in case I FUBAR'd the damn thing.

For the Love of Cats

X2 for Domeguy... He would look awesome in a skunk lid
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

may be in trouble

Skunks tend to be nocturnal, that and poor vision is why they get hit by traffic so much. They ARE omnivores, too, and rabies vectors.

Gramps told me that they have a fair set of teeth, him knowing of this when one of his more brave than sensible dogs went after one and was not deterred by the spray. The dog grabbed it by the scruff, which is apparently very loose on skunks, and the skunk sort of just rotated and bit the dogs nose, holding on long enough for the dog to let go, and heading for the hills. Gramps about drowned the poor dog in the anti-skunk nostrums of the day (Tomato juice and watered ammonia) and got the vet to patch up his nose.

I'll most likely shit myself

Yep DG would look good with a rain stripe.

I shot one 2 years ago and yeah it was ripe. Started to leave it for buzzards, but it was next to neighbor's driveway and lose to his house.

Bacon saver

OH, and to follow up on my dumb ass adventure. So stinky dumped his goo in my front yard (way to go dumb ass) the wind is blowing this shit all around the house.............did I mention dumb ass? So I go and get the hose thinking maybe I could dilute it a little.......it's already killing the weeds and grass wasn't to hard to find that spot. Well that's not working I think I'm just spreading it out, you can see the oils in it, nasty. LIGHT BULB! "Hey Honey can you mix me up a gallon of that stuff you made for the dog?" ................SO I go out and pour this stuff on it and it all foams up, BAM!.................GONE, no smell, WTF? I'm standing down wind, nothing, neutralized it like an American trained sniper. Never would have believed if I didn't sniff it! Gone, and then it started to rain......................well the smell came back, it's faint, now this morning we don't smell a thing. But that to me was the ultimate test, point blank skunk oil almost but hell, it knocked it out of the park. Just thought I would pass it along, if something like this can kill a smell like that, we are going to keep using it. Just fucking WOW is all I can say.

It was pretty foamy though.