Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone doing right now?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

What's everyone doing right now?

I know we all plan, train and prep for bad things to come so....With all the worries and scares going on right now in the news, what's everyone doing different than normal?

I'll give a small example. I don't keep all my mags loaded 24/7/365 but soon I feel that will change.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

For the Love of Cats

Adding to the pantry at a faster rate...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

I'm also adding to the larder more now. The shed is on track for this May, then first floor laundry. Floors will be redone in the fall. Can't wait till something else breaks now that we are on track for the work. Not sure if I posted this but sump switch burned out, then next day the oven went out Palm Sunday. Repair estimate was over $400 AND they couldn't come out till AFTER Easter, they had to "order" the part and it would take till after Easter to get part in. Repair guy tried to sell DH a very expensive warranty contract but I said pay the man for the service call and We'll figure out how to fix it our selves. DH went on line to Sears DIY area and wonders of wonders we could order the part, get it in 4 days and install it ourselves. The best part is with the expedited mail cost us about $160.00 NOT the $280.00 the repair guy quoted us for just the part. If my dad were here he would have had a conniption as he worked at Sears (part-time) and knew how to get the parts for us (with his discount) AND he would have come down and fixed the oven for us. We have to return the control panel they sent as it was wrong one. Had DH use a DIY hack to remove plastic face and reuse it. Repair said they would have to order the plastic panel as the glue wouldn't be any good . Told DH take the hair dryer and heat up the panel on the front of the control board, peel it off and re stick it to the new control board. Hair dryer hack works to help get price stickers off on things without having to "chip" the tag off. So I thought why not try it on the old control board, worked great.

I'll most likely shit myself

Adding some goods and planting even more.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Preparing for a change of lifestyle, from city living to country living.
    Working on getting the country living house in order.
    Actually, I'm letting the pantry dwindle, so I'll have less to move. Plus, with all the kids now gone, I'll need to re-evaluate it. We're not using as fast as thought, so it's aging more than planned. It's still good, but not looking to push it.

But right now, at this moment?
    Having some bourbon, listening to some old tunes on the turntable.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

For the Love of Cats

^
    Geez, that sucks pal.... you know I would send you some cash if you asked... You can buy some rum to drink and clean your toilets with that bourbon as it is intended...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Not stockpiling food currently, in fact, we gave away just about everything that would've gone bad before we get off our diet. (I've lost 18lbs in 3.5 weeks). High carb is temporarily out of the question, so we gave away a lot of stuff. We're probably gonna go ahead and get some pre-packed freeze dried stuff because if SHTF, nobody will need a "diet" to stay fit, so who cares about carbs? We have always stocked what we ate, and right now, we can't do that without basically wasting money on stuff we won't eat. Been trying to buy more ammo, and get some gear upgraded as well. I've built a few new holsters and mag pouches to work into my EDC setup.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Sorry I feel off the edge of the page. But I am back. I am doing things now not because of my view on world situations.
    1> Pressing for a larger chunk of business. (Own a company for the last 19 years and want to make more of it.)
    2> Beef up the reserves in pantry. (Has be a difficult time over the last few years and need to replinesh the supplies.)
    3> Expand on the Aquaponic system. (It is fun and wanna try something different.)
    4> Create a greater harvest output in the soil gardens. (Placed a mental challenge and trying surpass it)
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^
    Geez, that sucks pal.... you know I would send you some cash if you asked... You can buy some rum to drink and clean your toilets with that bourbon as it is intended...
    Lol. I do rum also, but sometimes I change it up.
    Scotch even, now and again.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

I'll most likely shit myself

Brandy