Thread: Movie Review:" The Circle"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Walking on Sunshine

Movie Review:" The Circle"

DH and I saw "The Circle"' yesterday. Really good movie. It's about a company (think Google, AOL etc) that want to control our personal and business lives thru social media. With out saying too much it really is a sobering though on how we all are so interconnected . I know the tech heads have had problems with the technology as presented in the movie but it kinda scared me a bit as to how far a company would go to "rule the world"/ control what we see as the "truth" so to speak. Tom Hanks, Emma Watson star in it. Yes, son1 was the Assistant Director but I still say it was a really good movie. It's based on the book "The Circle" by Dave Eggers. Forgot , this is Bill Paxton's last movie.

For the Love of Cats

I've seen the previews for it, and it certainly interests me... I will see it.

And I agree... there are no bounds too far for big business to surpass in search of the almighty dollar.

Thanks for the review Kat!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

I think you'll like it. It really started a discussion with DH about how much we don't know what the internet companies can and possibly are doing right now.