Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Preparedness pop-quiz

Bacon saver

OK, on topic now, we scored as expected 46........knowing our current condition in certain areas. We knew we were lacking in some areas and GTG in others. I thought it was a good "quiz" the little motivational speech at the end was fitting in my opinion. Was it meant for me? Did it bother me? It hurt my feelings........... so I have a safe space. I went there and had a good cry, talked to my shrunken heads, brushed their hair, fixed their make up and carried on. I'm still pissed because I didn't get my participation trophy!

"I'm going off the rails on the crazy train!" Big Smile......Big Smile!

Thanks Sniper.............
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

You're very welcome BWRR, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and took it in stride...

and hey! Just for you, pal:
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

This test is nice, but what does it prepare you for? I don't believe in the end of the world during my lifetime. So what do I prep for?

* Fuel shortage (truckers go regularly on strike here). Should I keep fuel to go to the store that is not being supplied? No, so I stock enough food for a month. Last strike lasted 3 weeks. Everybody looking for food, but me.

* Bad weather. It does not happen often, but when snow is bad, same as fuel shortage. No need to risk my life going outside and getting stranded, I still have one month supply of food.

* Electricity shortage. It never happens longer than a day if ever. I have a BBQ and Wood coal for me to cook. Happen in winter, which is mostly the case? I have Warm clothes and cover. I have a sleeping back that would let you sleep outside at -20 Celsius. If you stay home, buildings are made to keep +12 Celsius no matter the temp outside.

* Water shortage. I always have drinking water 1.5 liters per day for a full month as a bare minimum. Shower? I know for a fact (done it in Africa on missions) that I can stay 2 weeks with no showers. Anyway, I always have an ample supply of wipes.

* Security. Should hoarders come for my supplies, I have a well supplied toolbox, ropes, zip ties, baseball bats and broom handles. I also have a .22 rifle for hunting and security and a hunting rifle (12 gauge). I also have leaded gloves just in case it comes to this.

So you see, unless I have forgotten something major or is comes to TEOTWAWKI, I am ready. No need for ton of supplies, GPS, maps, radios, etc.

If I was back in FL, I would add a couple more things in case of tornadoes, remove the winter stuff and add more water.

I think that a lot of people confuse SURVIVAL with TEOTWAWKI.
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

Bacon saver

As situation/mission dictates, I don't think I need to say much more.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    With all of the political upheaval and hate going on (all sides) this year is looking bleak for a good out come. Just my thought and the test is kinda altering me to what I don't have. I just need to figure out how to hold up those weaknesses.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    With all of the political upheaval and hate going on (all sides) this year is looking bleak for a good out come. Just my thought and the test is kinda altering me to what I don't have. I just need to figure out how to hold up those weaknesses.
    Im with ya on that as well. I thought it would last a few weeks with the new Pres, didnt think the dems would be this... well... pissed off that they lost. At this pace, we may end up having a shit storm by the end of summer.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bacon saver

Well I hope it can wait until I post all my shit on facebook and head everyone off at the pass. I've been compromised..................I'll live.

No, my brothers it seems that some people just won't quit and it's getting ugly. I still haven't found any followup on this Redstone thing down here the other day. "Under the rug and dreaming" didn't hear anything on the "bands" either, I immediately tuned into their freqs. and things went secure pretty quick. So what ever happened it went down quick. They are saying a 911 call, great drill and also a great run for the "observer", they might have got what they came for. Have to watch for the same or similar type of incident at other installations.

I'll most likely shit myself

I agree Stormy.

Didn't hear about Redstone???? Arsenal ?

Bacon saver

Here's the latest from the local news about Redstone Arsenal. Shows what a 911 call can do to the whole city's pucker factor.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in...for_havin.html