Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My youngest son graduated tonight.

For the Love of Cats

That's awesome Helo, congrats to you and your son.

As for jumping... why? because you can! Why climb a mountain? because it's there. Why scuba dive? To experience what's below.

Why anything? Why not!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    I won't get into the jumping out of the plane thing.............however I am proud of your son as well. Takes a special person to do that, I wish him the best of luck as well as you and the family. The military is what YOU make it. You just tell him that, not everyday is a good day, it's an all volunteer service, you don't like it get the ----out. However.....if you quit you get to live with that to.

Now go kick ass! We saved him a seat on the bus!
    Thanks, he hears lots of advice. Almost everyone in our family has served. His brother is active duty right now, his mom and I met when we where both stationed at fort hood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    That's awesome Helo, congrats to you and your son.

As for jumping... why? because you can! Why climb a mountain? because it's there. Why scuba dive? To experience what's below.

Why anything? Why not!
    I remember wanting to, but I grew out of that. I got no issue hanging out of a helicopter, but I don't put much faith in something popping out of a bag, that was packed by who knows.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

CC Gray Panther
    As you said Helo. Your son is getting all kinds of advice and I'm sure he'll dissect it and use what's relevant to him and his future plans. With both you & wife being military I'm sure he had a good head start as to the military life style and structure.
    As river Rat said . We saved him a seat on the bus ; Get on and go kick ass. Welcome to the brotherhood to your son I know he'll make you proud just as your other son has.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Good stuff, let me know when & where he graduates, I got to make a few trips around installations this year singing the praises of my new school and all, might try to drop in on the kid and say hello! (Let him know that his dad has friends and eyes all over the place watching him!)
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Good stuff, let me know when & where he graduates, I got to make a few trips around installations this year singing the praises of my new school and all, might try to drop in on the kid and say hello! (Let him know that his dad has friends and eyes all over the place watching him!)
    Will do. He will be at Fort Leonardwood Missouri for a while. His basic, and AIT are both there. He is going to be a MP.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do you have a robot?
    Came into this late, congratulations and all the best for him.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.