Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed

Walking on Sunshine

Great News!!!! They found a donor for GR Nephew. IF I understand what niece indicated as the treatment plan,they have to do about 8 days of chemo first then start the donation of marrow to him. She said about three weeks of donations to GR Nephew She was sending msge to me about 3 AM so she wasn't too clear. Will have more soon
    Thank you all for your prayers and support
    Please keep praying for them as the critical procedures will be starting soon.
    I am going out of state today down South I may not be able to get on-line till 07/13 will try to keep you all posted.
    Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Walking on Sunshine

Update, GR Nephew and niece are being moved to Spaulding Hospital. I believe it's a rehab hospital to start the treatments. Donor is 100% match but can't get there till July 17th. Thank you all for prayers and support , niece has been overwhelmed not only because of son but the wonderful people that have helped her. Grand niece's day care started a go fund me type account for the medical and living expenses. The whole community they live in has been great as well, donation jars are out all over town. I am so grateful for all your support and prayers as I have felt so bad that we (DH and I) couldn't do more for her.My sister and her ex, niece's father have been doing what they can as well.
    Nephew in law doesn't have a real great job so things have always been tough for them but they always have been positive and have worked hard.

Walking on Sunshine

RE:Update, They are staying at Boston's children and GRnephew has two teeth already.So the doc's are really excited that he may not have problems with his teeth

Bacon saver

Yeah! Lookin good, so he looks like a rabbit, that's how we all get started! Progress.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Walking on Sunshine

I'm home now .Should be able to get on more often now. Thanks BR he is doing so well. Early pix of him were not too good but with the treatments he now looks like a "healthy" baby and he is more alert and "talking" to everyone.

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad to hear some good news. Thanks for update.

CC Gray Panther
    Yes ; thanks for the update. Looks as though things are staring to fall into place. Our thoughts are with you and family.
    Please keep us updated.

Walking on Sunshine

Thank you all. Niece has told me that Doctors are concerned that he may have an issue with his vision. She is concerned that GR Nephew may be partially blind, if it isn't enough he will be starting the chemo and the transfusions on the 17th, now she's worried he won't be able to see. They are staying in Boston Children's for the next month or so. Will keep you all posted on his progress
    Thank you all for the prayers

For the Love of Cats

That's sad news about the vision, but great about life. Thanks for the updates, and thoughts and prayers continue in your direction.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Well Grand nephew started the chemo tonight , niece is waiting to see which one (if any) of the two meds is causing a rash on him. Please keep him in mind he has a long road ahead of him.
    Thanks again for the prayers and support.