Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed

I'll most likely shit myself

Still in our prayers Kat. I am thrilled to hear about his progress.

Walking on Sunshine

So are we Thank you.

Walking on Sunshine

Niece just posted this about gr nephews seeing:
    OMGOMGOMG!! ... Just finished the VEP test, and he's at about 20/60 in both eyes!!!!
    From grand auntie YIPPEEE!!! He goes back in November for more tests. He is making progress.

Walking on Sunshine

Sorry I haven't done an update on grandnephew but we are very happy. He is sitting up on his own and scooting around on his butt all over the house. Niece has had to put up the gates because he's getting fast. Just have to remind him to lift his head up, he tends to keep his head down. Niece got a contraption that is helping him learn to stand and put weight on his legs, so far so good. He has to wear splints on his hands at night because his fingers are curling but he keeps wriggling them off them in his sleep LOL. As for his sight , cautious optimism, he seems to be able to see a little bit more than shadows so far. He is speaking whole words and can identify people and things somewhat.His sister is very happy he can now play with her (a little bit). She is doing very well too and is a BIG help to Mommy. She had an argument with a tree at school the other day but is okay She has a bit of a scratch on the side of her eyelid but not too bad. I just wonder what the tree looks like LOL.
    On a sadder note We are losing one of our cats, Zephyr has developed a type of fast acting lymphoma cancer and there isn't much we can do for her other than helping her cross the rainbow bridge.
    Thanks for all your prayers and support.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thanks for the update. Great news the little guy is making good progress
    I bet big sis will take good care of him as they grow up to. Sorry to hear about the cat. Pets end up being like family.

Walking on Sunshine

Thank you BP much appreciated.

For the Love of Cats

Wow, great progress.

Tx for the update.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Great news! Hope & pray it gets better in the long run. Keep up the good work Katrina . He seems to be a tough little guy.
    Sorry to hear about your cat . Losing a pet is like losing a family member. Their love is pure and given freely with no questions asked.

Walking on Sunshine

Thank you eagle. We may down the line get another cat but right now I am thinking I'm done losing the pets to cancer. This is the third pet that has developed cancer in this house in the 18 years we've been here. We've had the house checked out and nothing. Maybe I'm paranoid as DH keeps telling me LOL. A month ago we had to change their dry food as the company is not producing the kibble they both have been eating for the past 8-10 years.Same company but different type of kibble. So I don't know what is going on with the cats.

Walking on Sunshine

Niece posted this last night. Grand nephew is sitting up by himself and is scooting around on his butt. He's also learning to crawl up pillows angled on the ground.
    Today we saw Son's PT and Transplant doctors in Boston.
    At PT, we discussed the tightness of his toes/feet/ankles, and she recommends that we see an orthopedic doctor to get custom braces to help his toes uncurl. We also did a trial of 2 different gait trainers, and she recommends we get him in one at home. The one that seemed to work better is called the Mustang. I know we don't have a lot of room at home, but I'm willing to figure something out - maybe we can go to the school gym or something. We don't need a lot of room initially anyways - until he really gets going.

At his transplant checkup, they found that his Thyroid is low, and because of his feet/toes/ankles being so tight, they think he may have chronic GVH. They've prescribed steroids for the GVH, and he'll start on that this weekend. We're scheduled to come back in 2 weeks, to see how he's doing, but they'll call to check-in next week too. They don't want to keep him on steroids, so we'll see how this goes, and if needed, eventually transition to a different non-steroid medication. They've also mentioned that part of the stiffness could simply be from lack of use, because he still has puffy "baby feet" since he's not using them much yet ...

Next appt is Ophthalmology on Friday morning!