Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed

I'll most likely shit myself

Still got you all in my peayers.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Thinking of only the best outcome for this situation.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Bacon saver

Hey, we're still here for you too!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks all Niece posted first treatment went well. GR Nephew was bit nauseous but is doing good. As for the rash, they are getting that under control. She said a woman who's child has Osteopetrosis had the same nurse that niece has for her son and her child is doing very good and is very healthy. I believe she is part of a group that has contacted my niece to give her support and offer help while she and nephew are in hospital. Nephew and Grand niece have been trucking up there every other weekend to spend time with them. Does anyone know if Wounded Warriors (or any other group) help the family members of vets? I haven't gotten in touch with them to see if they can help and don't know if NIL has done anything either. Nephew in law is a vet, his National Guard unit was in Afghanistan, he and only 8 others from his group came back (alive) after their tour. I know he has had some help but don't really know what's available for him and the family besides his VA benefits and Medicaid/Medicare? I am looking on line but if anyone has had any experience with the groups would love some advice.

Walking on Sunshine

Update , First transplant done last night . He's staring to experience some mucousis (excess mucus) Niece is getting weepy but the nurses and doctors all assure her nephew is doing fine. They have "chased" her outside to get some air and get out into the sunshine. Learned this morning my aunt (Pop's sister) has passed. AM waiting to hear from cousins when and where funeral will be. She had what she called a cyst on her kidney couple of years ago but didn't have it taken care of. It metastasized to her lungs and rib cage. IT has not been a good couple of months so far .
    Thank you all for the continued prayers and support. Will be off probably for a week
    Love all, katrina

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Thanks all Niece posted first treatment went well. GR Nephew was bit nauseous but is doing good. As for the rash, they are getting that under control. She said a woman who's child has Osteopetrosis had the same nurse that niece has for her son and her child is doing very good and is very healthy. I believe she is part of a group that has contacted my niece to give her support and offer help while she and nephew are in hospital. Nephew and Grand niece have been trucking up there every other weekend to spend time with them. Does anyone know if Wounded Warriors (or any other group) help the family members of vets? I haven't gotten in touch with them to see if they can help and don't know if NIL has done anything either. Nephew in law is a vet, his National Guard unit was in Afghanistan, he and only 8 others from his group came back (alive) after their tour. I know he has had some help but don't really know what's available for him and the family besides his VA benefits and Medicaid/Medicare? I am looking on line but if anyone has had any experience with the groups would love some advice.
    It just dawned on me...........FISHER HOUSE, Great organization and I met Zack Fisher and his wife both before they passed away back in 96, super people. They sponsored our ship's commissioning in NYC, USS Kingfisher MHC-56. Tony Bennet was our entertainment the night before, lotsa brass, Blah, blah, blah..............but here is a point of contact if they (family) are still in Boston. Check out the site. Hope this helps.

http://www.fisherhouse.org/programs/...use-locations/

Massachusetts: VA Boston Healthcare System

MGR: Beth St. Pierre / (857) 203-4000 / elizabeth.stpierre@va.gov
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Walking on Sunshine

BR,
    Thanks Cuz,
    Will check this out. Went to FL for Aunt's funeral this last week . Lovely service , her second son is a priest and he did a wonderful homily and Mass. Uncle was so happy me and the 2 sisters were able to make it, just got back SOOO glad I'm in MI as humidity was 90-92% . Update on GR nephew. They still have him sedated and intubated due to the mucousis but sis got word Friday he has a staph infection now and they are pushing fluids.Drs say this is just one of the possible side affects of the transplant but the little guy is a "hellofa" good fighter even at 5 months old. Niece is still hanging in there and I will check out the site and see if I can put them in touch with niece.
    Just keep those prayers going
    Love you all

I'll most likely shit myself

Prayers are continuing for you folks.

Walking on Sunshine

Update My GR nephew has had the intebation tube removed today YEAH . He is doing better and Niece is able to hold the little guy for the first time in almost 2 months. He still has the feeding tube going but it looks like he is breathing fairly well on his own and trying to "talk" to Mommie. Please keep the prayers going as he still has a long road ahead of him. Thank you all again and again.

Walking on Sunshine

Quick update Gr Nephews Count is up to 800 If he can maintain 500 (or above) for 3 days in a row That says the engrafting is working Niece had a scare the other day, nurse was suctioning off some mucus when baby stopped breathing, He's okay it was a plug of mucus that got stuck. He is still having a bit of trouble breathing properly at night so they have a full face mask breather on him. He looks like a fighter pilot in a jet when he goes to sleep. Thanks for the prayers Here's hoping he and Mommie can go home soon.