Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Destroyer USS Fitzgerald

I'll most likely shit myself

US Destroyer USS Fitzgerald

Just ran across this and thought I would post up a link.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/video-u...ld-collision/#

Yokosuka, Japan – U.S. Navy Destroyer USS Fitzgerald is missing seven crew members and is taking on water after a collision with a Philippines container ship off of Yokosuka at around 2:30 AM local time on Saturday.

According to CBS News, the Fitzgerald is not under its own power and Japan is sending out tugs to retrieve the destroyer.

Japanese media is reporting that seven crew members are unaccounted for and at least one person was airlifted with injuries.

There is a little more at the link. Not sure how long ago this happened, but it sounds like it's not been long.

Well, there goes some Captains career.

Sounds like the containership hit the Fitzgerald. And yes there career is toast regardless of fault.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Sounds like the containership hit the Fitzgerald. And yes there career is toast regardless of fault.

If it were his fault, he'd be Courts-martialed for 'hazarding his vessel'. otherwise he'll be reassigned to a non-command position pending his retirement. By the end of the year.

Bacon saver

Let me throw this one back at you guys. Check this website out, click on track, zoom out, and follow the track and you'll see the course changes for the "intentional" collision of the two vessels. It sure the fuck was human error, but if these news dip shits had any smarts this stuff is public access and you can track ships and most cargo if you're a good pirate. Drink up Re-tardies yo-ho............The ACX Crystal hauled out to port on basically a reciprocal course to intercept the Fitz. This happens off of Shimoda peninsula and Toshima Island. Don't try tracking a Navy ship, it ain't happening, need to know thing and all. No shots were fired because it was a container ship. CO got injured cause I'll bet his ass was yelling orders from the bridge wing. Really hard to speculate how it went down, other than someone telling a big ass ship to alter course and it ain't. If I had the Fitz's track I'm sure it would all come to light, case closed. Bottom line, container ships, DO NOT change track/course, that costs the company money. Somebody falls overboard, they don't turn around man. They can't recover, all they can do is throw a life ring and call it in. No bull shit.

Sooooooooooo, thar be me roll of eights, lads. Shall we go board and seize? I say take no prisoners, the sea is ours, they've already blown up my last ship. This is an act of high seas piracy and terrorism and somebody ain't sayin shit.

http://www.vesseltracking.net/ship/acx-crystal-9360611
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

It sure the hell was human....... error............ yeah, they didn't "T-Bone" like they wanted to. Just a glancing blow. The CO might be given credit for saving the ship for his ship handling skills in his boxer shorts for all we know. The ACX Crystal made multiple course changes in order to make this event happen. The news ain't saying shit, nothing but bill cosby bull shit, who cares, we have a country to worry about. It doesn't stop for a washed up loser like cosby. I'll leave that one alone, carry on.

By the way if you don't check the site out now it might disappear before to long for all we know. "conspiracy theory"

I assume you are talking about the position just southeast of Shimoda? Container ships don't do that without a very good reason.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    It sure the hell was human....... error............ yeah, they didn't "T-Bone" like they wanted to. Just a glancing blow. The CO might be given credit for saving the ship for his ship handling skills in his boxer shorts for all we know. The ACX Crystal made multiple course changes in order to make this event happen. The news ain't saying shit, nothing but bill cosby bull shit, who cares, we have a country to worry about. It doesn't stop for a washed up loser like cosby. I'll leave that one alone, carry on.

By the way if you don't check the site out now it might disappear before to long for all we know. "conspiracy theory"
    Chief, there better be a sight more that strong letters from this. If the CO got injured, damned well he was out there yelling orders, you know it and I know it. I don't know how fast ACX Crystal can go and I don't know how fast a Burke-Class destroyer can can go, or how fast it can get to fastest. If ACX's course changes were figured out by the folks on Fitz to be a deliberate collision course, I can only expect that the Fitz tried to floor it and get out of Dodge, just a little too late.

There BETTER be something up on this and damn fast and damn hard, if for no other and better reason than seven families bereft of their sailors. Dunno who SECNAV is, but I'd bet good hard cash money once Mattits heard about it. he wanted answers within the hour or less.

In these days of radio, radar, GPS, and even good old Mark 1 mod 0 eyeballs behind a set of whatever USN is using for watch binoculars, this crap does not happen by accident. The only possibilities that pop to mind was a inside job of T's that knew enough of shiphandling and overpowered the crew (if not the crew themselves... nauseating) or a fast boat of T's that stormed the vessel, did the crew, and bailed after the job was done. And I will not now or ever believe that the Fitz watch crew summarily fell asleep all at once. Not happening...

This is where No Such Agency would actually be useful... I have to think that there was at least an attempt by Fitz to ship to ship communicate. "Hey Rube!"

WHere is ACX Crystal right about now, anyway? And is the Philippine equivalent of an Admiralty court or its civvy version being convene to find out WTF, over?

YES, I am taking the USN side of this... I am former Army, those are my fellow military that were put in harm's way. Hearing from some damned dove frufru apologist/closet antimilitary twerp right about now ... no.

If it was T's, hand em over to the Fitz and let them keelhaul the bastards, or hang them from their yards till they rot.

Bacon saver

Glad to hear we got some closure, they found the sailors on board. poor SOBs were drowned in the compartment, I know they were fighting their asses off to save that compartment from flooding. Brave souls............RIP.

Big brother (Him Chief too, Fire Dept. Ret.)just let me know his friends son is on the Fitz and that his Chief posted on Face Book that he was present and accounted for. So far so good.

OK people (not directed at anyone specific it only meant for those that are link instruction blind, refuse follow instructions, speak out of turn with out knowing shit, etc.) Did you happen to go to the link I sent? Did you push the button on the little ship that said "track"?......... If you did, you'll see there was a line that dropped there when you did it, along that line there were little arrows, each one of those little arrows along the track if you click on them will give you a course, speed and date and time. If that incident happened at 0230 local, as they say, Japan is +9 UTC, that would make it 1730 UTC time. Find the ships position at time 1730 UTC, "speculate" from there is all I can do. So I followed it and you will see that the Crystal had already turned around and was around the point of their original course change. That loop was approx. 20 miles. (check scale at bottom of screen) The Fitz was hit on her STBD side the Crystal was hit on her Port Bow. It's almost a T-bone, every Naval Officer is trained to turn to STBD in the event of a meeting situation. (ship to ship) collision. It doesn't add up if they claim it was the reason for the very first course change on their (Crystal) track at time 1630 one hour before. Again, I can only speculate without having the Fitz's track. I'm just going off my experience in ship handling and having to be grilled by Naval Officers. I've "driven" Piloted whatever you want to call it ships throughout the world and I was always on the bridge. Sure would like to hear what happened from one of the "enlisted" bridge watch standers. There you will get the real story. Preferably the Helmsman, and Boatswainsmate of the Watch, he would be in charge/take charge of ALL the enlisted bridge watch standers. Yup, a six pack a suds and a one on one and I'll have the real story.

Bacon saver

OK, some one's covering it now. I'm just a little quicker than others........................

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40317341