View Poll Results: What device do you use on site?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laptop/ desktop computer

8 57.14%
  • Smartphone/ Tablet

1 7.14%
  • both 1 and 2, but mostly 1

4 28.57%
  • both 1 and 2, but mostly 2

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Membership Poll! How do you contribute to the site

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I post from my phone at times....and the spelling shows. Keep, my cell is a Samsung S5. last model they had with a removable battery.
    I won't have something that doesn't have a hard GPS disconnect. Switching off GPS by software is
    not 'off' but 'standby' and can still be hacked. And having to carry round a mini Faraday cage doesn't cut it either. One of the sour enjoyments of SHTF will be watching the cellphone addicted go thru withdrawal as their cells' batteries die....

"OH DEAR GOD I CAN'T TWEET OR FACEBOOK OR SELFIE MYSELF ANYMORE!!!! I'M GONNA SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" , or some such. One of the few things that that dimwit pseudodocumentary "American Blackout " accidentally got right.

I did have a more advanced flip for a while, til the rates got jacked up on it...my sole indulgence on it was Suduko. The flip I have now is for getting a hold of the operator at work when she decides to play caller-ID games with the store's in-house phone system... which I have caught her at, the sinful baggage. The calculator function is a little clumsy, but it works... and I have a text-only number to an old friend in Idaho, also of the prepper mindset. Simply put, a dollar a day which I don't begrudge, and with my K-tor generator feeding it at home, and work providing charging stations, power is not a consideration. That said, if better and cheaper comes along, or the provider jacks up this one, I'll just yank the battery and sim card, snap the damn thing in half, and throw the halves away, in different garbage cans, in different stores.

Kesephist

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    sigh... no option for morse code....
    .... . .-.. .-.. / -.-- . .- .... # / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / .-. --- -.-. -.- ... .-.-.- / - .... . / -.. .. ... -- .. ... ... .- .-.. / --- ..-. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... .--. . .-.. .-.. . -.. / - .... . / -.. . -.-. .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / .-- . ... - . .-. -. / ... --- -.-. .. . - -.-- / .- ... / .-- . / -.- -. . .-- / .. - / .- -. -.. / -.-. --- -. - .. -. ..- . ... / - --- / ... .--. .- .-- -. / - .... . / ... .-.. .- -.-. -.- / .--- .- .-- / -.-- --- -.- . .-.. ... / .- -. -.. / -.- -. ..- -.-. -.- .-.. . / -.. .-. .- --. --. . .-. .----. ... --..-- / .-- .... --- / .--. .-.. .- --. ..- . / --- ..- .-. / ...- . .-. -.-- / . -..- .. ... - . -. -.-. . .-.-.-
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Just the lap top at home or when I can "borrow" one of Son1 or DILS Laptop(like today Only have flip phone Will NOT get a Smart phone !!

Bacon saver

"KISS"........ laptop (email, shop, SHTFready at's about it), flip phone, no text, leave message, LadyHK has same but uses IPAD long time no shit.

I know enough to be dangerous.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    .... . .-.. .-.. / -.-- . .- .... # / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / .-. --- -.-. -.- ... .-.-.- / - .... . / -.. .. ... -- .. ... ... .- .-.. / --- ..-. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... .--. . .-.. .-.. . -.. / - .... . / -.. . -.-. .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / .-- . ... - . .-. -. / ... --- -.-. .. . - -.-- / .- ... / .-- . / -.- -. . .-- / .. - / .- -. -.. / -.-. --- -. - .. -. ..- . ... / - --- / ... .--. .- .-- -. / - .... . / ... .-.. .- -.-. -.- / .--- .- .-- / -.-- --- -.- . .-.. ... / .- -. -.. / -.- -. ..- -.-. -.- .-.. . / -.. .-. .- --. --. . .-. .----. ... --..-- / .-- .... --- / .--. .-.. .- --. ..- . / --- ..- .-. / ...- . .-. -.-- / . -..- .. ... - . -. -.-. . .-.-.-
    Damn..if only I knew the typed version of morse code I would understand...
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

For the Love of Cats

play here:

morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

However...........I was known as a "Knuckle dragger" in the Navy. "Deck Ape, Anchor Klanker, Boats," and various other names not suitable for some folks ears. We earned those names proudly, we are Boatswainsmates.

But I humbly admit that dots and dashes never were and are currently not my strong point(no excuse). I still need to brush up on my Farsi(same excuse)!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Sadly I am but a knuckle dragger... except for SOS that is.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I use my IPad, and iPad only for any internet or computer work. I have a 5 yr old laptop that stepdaughter infected way too badly yrs ago, it's completely useless. I never use my phone except for calls, maps, and emergency searches.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.