Thread: Happy Independence day

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Happy Independence day

As the titles says: Happy 4h !!
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

Bacon saver

To the Free and the Brave.................and the rest the those idiots you see at the daily freak show that seem to make it all worth while.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

Happy Independence day to you all. You to Sniper!

For the Love of Cats

Thanks BP!

And all the best to all of you, take a moment to reflect the importance of the day, and then party hearty!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

I didn't want to post this for other reasons, but it just seemed relevant.

We went to our family reunion in Bottineau, ND. Just got back Monday 26th, this is the short version. On the way out from Minot where we flew in,we found Minot AFB "Magic City" the former SAC is still alive and kickin with the 5th Bomb Wing and the 91st Missile Wing. The B-52s and B-1s and ICBMs are poised and still at the ready. As we drive out into the country/fields I counted the missile silos and oil “Cricket” pumps just as I remembered when I was kid. When we pulled into Bottineau I started noticing the lamp posts......every one of them had names and branches of service of Veterans on them stacked like street signs, TWO EACH. All the way in and all the way out, they were everywhere. The two lane bowling alley was up for sale….still….. no street lights….. they changed the name of the bar. They reunion was held at the VFW.............I walked in the door and on the wall was a print of the........yup, USS Bottineau (APA-235)...........really? Sure as shit they named a ship after that little town. When the reunion was over my brothers and I were cleaning up the place and a vet was supervising us from the post so I got to talking to him. "How many names?", "489, some are still alive but most aren't" He said “you should be here on Veteran's day and Memorial day, Independence Day”.....you could see it in his eyes.......it already hurt me bad enough. I looked at the past post commanders and saw my great uncles Howard "60-61" and Leo "63-64." Damn there was alot of history there, a lot of veterans came through here. This place is nowhere, but they came to this little ass town and they all served. You can spit to Canada from there, sorry Sniper, I mean you can throw a rock into Canada from there. “Oww! Damn. I said sorry dude.” Well I drove out of town watching all the names go by………..489………. drove past the missile silos, LadyHK riding shotgun took some pictures..............that's when all hell broke loose.
    Up armored and flashing blues and reds, couple of helos and a "BUFF" taking off in the distance didn't look to good. "All we did was take some fuckin pictures" ............well they blew our doors off. I'm lookin in the mirrors looking for tails going off into the zenith. "CLEAR"………..North Korea?.........Huh? OK, LadyHK got some great pictures of that too! Air Farce got some nice toys, glad to see they are on the ball, must have been moving some “special” gear. So we made it the airport and on the plane GONE! Then we met a woman on the plane who’d been an Engineman in the Navy, her “whole” family was Navy. Turned out her nephew served with me on a previous command, small world. Then we ran across three young men carrying the infamous “manila envelopes“ ……..where you headed? “Parris Island” they all chimed with smiles on their faces. “Motards huh? Fine get up front, we’re buying your last meals, “what are ya having?”……. “Smoothies”…………………”SMOOTHIES?, I’m buying your last damn meal and you’re ordering a fuckin SMOOTHIE?” Fine, you’ll make a great Marine. Now y’all come over here and sit down and have a chat. SO while WE ate and they had their “smoothies” we commenced to tell them how proud we were of them for stepping up to the plate, how it took a special breed to (as I waived my hand over all the idiots we were looking down on in the Detroit airport) actually want protect these people who have no idea what being an American is all about. About how it’s not just the Military who serve as well, brothers at arms, leaving no one behind (as they looked at each other) then the stuff recruiters don’t tell them. I also told them that WE (you know who you are and what I mean)and I meant “WE saved them a seat on the bus” so we watched them walk away and LadyHK says to me “the little one won’t make it”, I said “The little one will be the one carrying the other two” ……………………..we landed back home with no incidents, no traffic, clear skys and to me it seemed that America was telling me that “I’m here, I’m alive, and I’m still ready to kick ass”

So yeah, I think we’re still good…………..

I'll most likely shit myself

Great Post Rat. That had to be an inspiring trip. Thanks for sharing it.

may be in trouble

Chief,

It were a common enough mistake.

I mind a little sod that arranged his entry into Basic exactly on being 17 1/2. Little sonufagun maxed his PT tests, shot well, good solid troop all the way around... we thought he was gonna fall at the final PT test, as we was doing the situp phase on grass and he hit his head on a rock and gashed his head up. He was almost begging the DI's to just slap on a bandage and let him finish the push up and 2 mile phases. Couldn't, and they sent him off to the medics. The Senior Drill called the platoon around and the junior DI's too, and gave us The Look as he wrote 100s on all three phase scores for the kid.

Said kid was about 5'5" and maybe 140 soaking wet.

As to " stepping up to the plate, how it took a special breed to (as I waived my hand over all the idiots we were looking down on in the Detroit airport) actually want protect these people who have no idea what being an American is all about." ...

The cynical, hefty, arthritic old bastard pounding these keys at the moment occasionally looks back in time at the 20 year old kid in Army greens that he once was. How, he wonders, was he ever so duty-struck, bordering on naive, given the times the old guy is living in?

And then he recalls his father, the tank driver, watching and simmering in rage thru his tank periscope as the Berlin Wall gets built literally in front of him.

His two great uncles, one delivering 11" fire on the Atlantic Wall and the other driving Higgens boats onto Utah Beach during D-Day.

His great-great-great-grandparents fighting another way, getting runaway slaves out of Iowa and on up into Minnesota and Canada.

America isn't done yet, I agree. And with a touch more time, we'll get better.Just in case, though...keep the powder dry and handy.
    Last edited by Kesephist; 07-06-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Clarity

Bacon saver

So, yeah......you get the picture. Like I said it was the short version.

Side note: The reunion was "sign up" on Friday, Saturday there was 147 people from as far away as TX, VA, CA, and FL. Sunday there wasn't as many but hey, they showed up. Because it's family, because it's what we do, and wouldn't you know....... everyone...........was on the same page from the oldest tribal elder "105" to the youngest teen that I talked to.

I was glad we got to break free, it was good for the both of us. Minus the stressful moments of course. My advice to all in the colony, If you have a family reunion scheduled GO! Screw your differences with siblings and whoever, just go, you won't regret it. Just because your brother and sister-n-law can't go ANYWHERE without GPS. Make fun of them, we did! Maybe little brother knows more than anybody else on the planet "air go" and you have to ride with all them competing for knowledge in a Suburban in the third row because you and your wife are the SMALLEST in the family and of course you have no control over the situation that is playing out in front of you..........notice I didn't say anything about Mom. Never say anything about Mom.......Tribal Elder has final say. Just fuckin go, you won't regret it. Trust me...................you won't regret it. Something is bound to come out great no matter how bad it seems you will have something to take back with you.........memories. We made great connections throughout the country, nuff said on that one.

Carry on Y'all!

Walking on Sunshine

Am glad you and ladyhk got to go. Brother was stationed at Minot. Hope lady has "recuperated" from the trip, LOL.
    DIL is doing great after her surgery and grand baby is learning "new" tricks from Grandma, sticking tongue out and blowing "raspberries" at mom and dad. She also giggles at mom when being reprimanded LOL
    Love ya both, Katrina