Thread: Canning Delights

I have still yet to grow a brain

Canning Delights

Wife just made a batch of sweet pickle relish. Dill pickles are net on the canning list. Gonna use some grape lives with the Dill Piclkles for the crispness (Tanins) Things are becoming real tasty around here. It is amazing that the food you prep is a healthier, tastier and more desirable dish to have. Going more and more with the basic foods than with remade meals. Granted I slide the curve down a bit when I visit Burger King but it is becoming more noticeable that BK food really isn't a food...
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Bacon saver

Them pickles sure sound good. As for the BK, I do love the smell I do a drive by. But nothing's better than grilling your own, has it's own flavor and it's done YOUR WAY. Just finished Freezing a butt load of fresh string beans, can't wait to dig into the ones I didn't! I have plans for those.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

Green or yellow?

Cut em longways, steam with (of all things) slivered almonds... barbarian I am, I salt such a dish. But quite good.

Grandpa Lawrence was right... hunt, fish or plant, there is nothing quite as satisfying as that what you seen to from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Grandpa Lawrence was right... hunt, fish or plant, there is nothing quite as satisfying as that what you seen to from start to finish.
    We try to include something from our garden or fruit trees in every days diet. Some days we are more successful than others, but for some reason it just feels good to say that you ate from your own piee of land. Some days it may be nothing more than the tops of onions as our green onions, but we try!

Made about 16 quarts of Dill Pickles. The Grape leaves/Pickles are crispy enough to be heard when you bite into them. Wow!

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Still hate inserting Images in this setup...

- - - Updated - - -

This weekend is Tomatoes, Peach Jam, JalapeƱo Jam and Anaheim Chili Pepper canning. Gonna be busy.