Thread: Three 1-month options

may be in trouble

Question Three 1-month options

My criteria for selecting these three:

- Buckets. Grab n get.

- Price. Approximately (at this time) $150 per unit (Special note on Easyprep)

- Calories. Looking at 1800 cal/day minimum.

http://www.augasonfarms.com/Food-Sup...c-078716200939

https://www.costco.com/Emergency-Foo...100102033.html

https://www.thereadystore.com/easypr...th-food-supply 2 pack

The plan is to buy two units per month to start, and if the bills permit, a third. Live off one unit for as long as I can. Go back to store stuff when the unit is exhausted. When I reach a full year supply, I start living fully off of that and replacing per month. I figure a year of food is long enough for me to get my garden growing and stuff preserved and set to seed for next year. if I can't, I'm screwed.

I would enjoy comments and PMs on these products.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Boredom dealing with the same taste would be an issue for me. On the other hand it would be an awesome way to diet.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

For the Love of Cats

IF you begin with a trip to the dollar store you could probably pick up a years supply of dried herbs and spices for under $20. That would go a long way to flavouring and offering variety to your staples.

Sounds like an interesting experiment
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Well I can comment on Wise and Patriot, both are quite palatable.......to me. However LadyHK is another story, she had a few comments as I recall but she did eat it. I think women eat different than men that's all.

I personally look at the menus, if you can build them do so, if they have A, b and C, cool. If not, well it's survival man. So your intention is to live off "beans and rice" for the next year see how this works out? Are you a chubby feller? This would be an interesting experiment all right. Since your last "field trip" did you relocate further out of suburbia upon returning or are you still in a concrete jungle? Apartment, house that sort of thing? Trying to get a feel for the environment here ya know. What about water source, from the tap I imagine so I guess we aren't going full blown SHTF, we're just talking a little turtle pokin it's head out.

OK, cool you got my attention
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Well I can comment on Wise and Patriot, both are quite palatable.......to me. However LadyHK is another story, she had a few comments as I recall but she did eat it. I think women eat different than men that's all.

I personally look at the menus, if you can build them do so, if they have A, b and C, cool. If not, well it's survival man. So your intention is to live off "beans and rice" for the next year see how this works out?
    I aim to be getting acclimated to whatever pails I get. At this point in time, If i run out, it's a dammit n hit Smiths for more.If not, so much the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13
    Are you a chubby feller?

6'2" 270... my belt does not get lost by my gut. The leg is still getting et up with this arthritis, but the upper body's compensating for it.

This would be an interesting experiment all right. Since your last "field trip" did you relocate further out of suburbia upon returning or are you still in a concrete jungle? Apartment, house that sort of thing?

Afraid still in the same digs. One must work for the $ for this whole thing, and lacking a car makes me staying still close to w*rk is a sine qua non.

Trying to get a feel for the environment here ya know. What about water source, from the tap I imagine so I guess we aren't going full blown SHTF, we're just talking a little turtle pokin it's head out.
    Not so much poking head out, but doing like everyone is saying to do; eat now what you are liable to be eating when SHTF. Acclimating to those foods would, I suppose, count as a prep.

OK, cool you got my attention